New wonder: City of Letore

in English in Foren

Beitrag 1–10 von 12

1 2 » Weiter

OP

von

Firefly

vor 1 Jahr

@fatih+ submitted a new build called the 'City of Letore' and I've added it as a new wonder. Currently available under number 39 using '/tw 39' in-game. Congratulations to @fatih+ on their second (co-)wonder! The City of Letore is a small seaside town with some mysterious lore, lots of NPCs, spicy dialogue and cute little houses sprinkled all over. You can find fun things to explore almost everywhere. It's compact, focused and just a very cozy place to be. I'll readily admit it's not the most detailed or biggest wonder, but I feel it deserves to be recognized as a place that players will enjoy. It also sets a great example of what you can achieve when you create something fun and tight within a consistent theme. So that's the 'City of Letore'. Now for something different: I've also had a wonder application by @angeli and @anbelo. I found their build to be enjoyable too, but not wonder-worthy in its current state. It did get me thinking though: do we need a new category of places that you can visit? I'm thinking of a 'places of interest' (POI) list like we have for wonders. You would '/poi N' and then visit that place with the limitation that you can not claim lands or save locations there. Should we just let any account publish POIs on a public list? Must a POI be tied to a land claim? Should there be moderation? Should others (I) be able to randomly add existing POIs? Ideas are welcome. The most basic form would be to let players publish a land claim as a POI. This would be like a 'World' location except you don't have to be friends.

# 2

von

Ruan4K

vor 1 Jahr

GG Fatih, finally he did it. POIs sounds cool, I've been walking around in moniq's hub and I visited cool places there, so probably there are lots of enjoyable locations, nice but not wonder worthy, so yah idk

# 3

von

(GM) SodaMeow

vor 1 Jahr

Congrats @fatih+, just took a look at the houses, and how uncanny, these look a bit like those in Bruges. Nice! @Firefly,(POI) would be amazing! Maybe some specific terms for being in the list would be useful, otherwise it be a really long list.

# 4

von

Loki The Witful

vor 1 Jahr

GG Fatih! On the wonder. And I like this (POI) idea, it sound like it has great potential!

# 5

von

Hummm

vor 1 Jahr

POI sounds great... but I'm skeptical about your ability to prevent griefing. (claims/saves) ... preemptive claiming has been the only real solution to griefers, and if the POI is a hunting ground that's out.

# 6

von

(GM) SodaMeow

vor 1 Jahr

Actually thinking the (POI) should be put forward or listed by visitors, and not the builder themselves, as it must be pretty unique to be recognized as a (POI). (along with a description would be nice).

# 7

von

Firefly

vor 1 Jahr

@Hummm got me thinking… as with any kind of security there is an 'analog loophole'. You could '/poi' somewhere, get the coordinates and then just walk there afterwards. Might take weeks or months, but eventually you'll get there with the ability to claim. The only absolute way to prevent grief claims is to make a POI officially approved with a free claim border like I do for wonders. And then the only distinction basically is that real wonders give a badge + goodies. I mean—that's not a bad thing, and a list of 'lesser wonders' would still be great for discovery, but it makes it much more awkward as a concept as I still need to invest time to officially approve and add stuff. And then we get another tier of builds that isn't good enough for a 'lesser wonder' and we get a new list of 'even lesser wonders'. Rinse, repeat. Now you could say: give players the benefit of the doubt. Assume that they know about grief claiming and let them publish POIs themselves. We could even gate the POI functionality behind level 25 or so to weed out total newbies. This sounds great, until 'Greatest damage part 2' hits the forums, which is 100% going to happen I believe. It's a hard problem. I'd really like to have '/poi btt' get me to Build Together Town and be able to share that destination here on the forums or anywhere really. Places like Streaming City, Photon Ball Stadium, BTT, and so many other builds I've seen would become accessible. Keep the ideas coming, it's the best we can do to achieve a breakthrough.

# 8

von

fatih+

vor 1 Jahr

Thanks, guys, I appreciate for all of you who love itttt :)))

# 9

von

obi-

vor 1 Jahr

hide map coords as well? and if anyone is insane enough to find it without coords, they kinda deserve to grief claim there at that point

# 10

von

Hummm

vor 1 Jahr

/poi btt puts you in cinematic mode at the location ... look all you want :) ... you just have to solve client to update claims at camera location ... I guess EVEN that has flaws, unless you don't flush the .chunk files to disk

Beitrag 1–10 von 12

1 2 » Weiter