Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Newbie City, Part 2

in English in Foren

Beitrag 1–9 von 9

OP

von

beamy_donut

vor 1 Jahr

Heeeeey everybody it's me, beamy_donut! I think you saw my now one Month old Topic named "Newbie City". So, Newbie City was BTT (Build Together Town) but more interesting. Not only can you build Buildings without waiting to be on a high Level (in BTT i think it's Level 20? Correct me when am wrong), you can ALSO meet other Players AND Exprienced Players can help the Newbies (or Noobs). So i Made the Topic, nearly 1k People saw it, and than you might ask? Nothing. BUUUUT i wanted to bring it to Life and maybe be a rival to BTT and Ooga Booga Land (i still love Ooga Booga Land). But i can't make this Dream come true alone (or when i try it it will take nearly months) so...are you ready to be in the Newbie City Crew? When yes just type it in the Comment Section or Message me Private through the AD Website! So, i'll see you in the Crew! (and don't forget the Donuts ;)))))))))) )

# 2

von

Firefly

vor 1 Jahr

I'll be frank. My experience is that ideas are a dime a dozen. A leader should have more than just a dream. If you want people to become invested, you'd better do 99,999% of all the hard work first. In your previous topic you explained how I and others should do work. That's the exact opposite of what I believe to be right. So: start claiming land, build infrastructure, create an enticing environment for people to get involved, draft plans, execute them to perfection and then you'll get people interested. Share screenshots of your work along the way, because some people (like me) are very visually oriented. (I only have experience being a transformative leader that does all the hard work and makes the tough decisions, so that's where my advice comes from. I will not pretend that this is the only leadership style, so take my advice with a grain of salt.)

# 3

von

beamy_donut

vor 1 Jahr

Ok....SO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING. I wanted a little Crew to help me and get the Project done. I more like working in a Team than alone. I CAN do Stuff alone but...i don't really have time. Like, i will play AD more often when i have my time and do the Project. So...99,999% will be done in Months. Of course we have REALLY GOOD Builders that make Stuff alone that is AMAZING!...am I good at building? ...meh. Am I a Builder? No. Can i make something that's gonna be GOOD EXECUTED?! Maybe. Amazing that when i want help that I get something like you said @Firefly. I don't hate you, you don't give up AD (like most Indie Devs would do) and you're nice Person...tho help would be nice. But what else, I made a terrible mistake and made me look like an dumb Person and make dumb desicions. \_(•_•)_/

# 4

von

obi-

vor 1 Jahr

why does it seem like you are mad beamy? Firefly is right, noone is just gonna start building at some random place without a good reason to do so. Build some roads or something, like space did in streaming city

# 5

von

beamy_donut

vor 1 Jahr

...👏👏👏. Wow @obi-...just WOW. I want to make something cool and not...roads. And so i need help. But i don't get help.

# 6

von

obi-

vor 1 Jahr

build some roads so you have some existing obvious places where people can build?

# 7

von

beamy_donut

vor 1 Jahr

Good idea...tho i have nobody to build there.

# 8

von

Loki The Witful

vor 1 Jahr

I love building it just I have been working on my textures 99% of my free time, but if I have some extra time I will see about building something. Just send me the friend request. Oh and a tip if you really need help to get players there Soda is the one to ask.

# 9

von

beamy_donut

vor 1 Jahr

Thanks @Loki The Witful! I started with Newbie City. I've got great tips from Soda and i actually build a little building. It's just an Town Hall.

Beitrag 1–9 von 9