Translator

in English in Foren

Beitrag 11–16 von 16

Zurück « 1 2

# 11

von

Ruan4K

vor 1 Jahr

@Firefly yes would be cool, I legit just tried to long press to copy paste but still it doesn't work

# 12

von

Firefly

vor 1 Jahr

To @Ruan4K and other Android users, get a testing version here: [LINK REMOVED, SEE POST #16] Paste text in any field using a long press. Let me know if it works according to your expectations! Copying text from the game is still done using the lower side button on the chat log. (This version should also be faster/more interactive while building larger structures, let me know if you notice an improvement on that front.) I've also investigated automatic translation more. Doing it myself just isn't viable. It would require about 100 GiB of disk space and 250 GiB of RAM on the server to get very, very low-quality results for just a handful of languages at non-interactive speeds. So the only way to reliably do this is to depend on a third-party provider and I'm not sure yet if I trust any of those enough to send them all our data and pay for that privilege.

# 13

von

Firefly

vor 1 Jahr

Has anyone tested that APK from post #12? It's still available for testing. Feedback on the long-press to paste and general performance is appreciated.

# 14

von

Ruan4K

vor 1 Jahr

I'm writing some stuff yet, things happened irl so I've been dealing with some stuff

# 15

von

Firefly

vor 1 Jahr

@Ruan4K: A long-form reply is much appreciated, but right now I'm concerned with only two questions: 1.) Does long-press paste work for you? 2.) Is game performance identical (or better than before)? Take as much time to write and raise more topics later on, but if you can share two yes/no answers right now that would help me tremendously.

# 16

von

Firefly

vor 1 Jahr

I've removed the Android long-press testing version, thank you all for trying it out and giving feedback. I'll be releasing this functionality soon, in the next update.

Beitrag 11–16 von 16

Zurück « 1 2