Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

RFC: Speedrun retiming

in English in Foren

Beitrag 1–8 von 8

OP

von

Firefly

vor 11 Monaten

Suppose something happens to Angeldust making faster dungeon speedruns possible and commonplace. Like say, a 10% general improvement in speedrun times. Would you prefer to: A.) Keep existing speedrun times, so that the competition for lowest time is back on in full force; or B.) Lower existing speedrun times by ~5%, making existing speedruns competitive with new ones? Let me know what you want for this super hypothetical scenario! :D

# 2

von

Rob12

vor 11 Monaten

I would keep existing speedrun times. (A)

# 3

von

SodaMeow

vor 11 Monaten

I pretty much prefer (A), but also for (B) how/ why lower the existing speedrun by ~5%... And just a suggestion, why not reset so everyone is back to square one for the new dungeon style. Am sure those who are at the top of the board wouldn't mind since they don't have to worry about skill issue. :D

# 4

von

obi-

vor 11 Monaten

Since I would love to compete for #1 again, I think going with A is the most fun path for everyone.

# 5

von

Hummm

vor 11 Monaten

A is the only fair choice. Since you are making it easier to go faster a reset is not necessary and, in fact, bad.

# 6

von

Firefly

vor 11 Monaten

Thanks for the feedback so far! Looks like option A is currently ahead… by a lot :D Of course everyone is still free to chime in with their opinion!

# 7

von

Pandegiri

vor 11 Monaten

A

# 8

von

Firefly

vor 11 Monaten

With the release of Angeldust v3.28 I've gone with option (A). Existing speedrun times are the same as before, with minor changes due to tenth-of-a-second number rounding. New speedruns will generally be much faster due to increased player movement speed and mobility. Have fun competing for top spot again!

Beitrag 1–8 von 8