Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

ATTN: Unplanned restart

in English in Foren

Beitrag 1–6 von 6

OP

von

Firefly

vor 4 Monaten

Several hours ago the database backing the Angeldust website and game server ground to a halt because a disk ran out of disk space. Please contact me if you were affected by this and lost any progress in hunting or building; I'll try to make things right, even though some building progress might be lost forever. I'm sorry that this happened—I think this is the second unplanned shutdown in almost nine years. I find that sort of acceptable, but I don't want to have any more slip-ups.

# 2

von

Loki The Witful

vor 4 Monaten

Oh my, luckily I think I am good

# 3

von

Firefly

vor 4 Monaten

To prevent this same problem from popping up in the future I've limited the amount of dynamic data that is stored on the disk. This change should make everything a lot more robust, as I no longer have to monitor and clean up stuff regularly. I'll keep an eye out on the system to make sure it works properly over the next weeks :-)

# 4

von

Loki The Witful

vor 4 Monaten

Nice we went from manual to auto :)

# 5

von

Firefly

vor 4 Monaten

The new system is working as intended; I no longer have to manually clean up stuff to prevent disks getting full. It's actually so much nicer this way, but I never got around to thinking about this before.

# 6

von

Loki The Witful

vor 3 Monaten

Cool stuff automation :D

Beitrag 1–6 von 6