Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

game not playable do to lag

in English in Foren

Beitrag 1–7 von 7

OP

von

Hummm

vor 6 Jahre

I played about 8 hours today (total) The lag was the worst I've ever had. I interacted w/ many other Internet things all day w/out issue, so must just be something in the 'ether' between the US and the Netherlands (I assume that's where the server is) Packets were not getting lost, just delayed by upto 30 seconds ... needless to say, I died many, many times. It removes the fun right out the game :( ... I don't really expect Firefly to be able to do anything about it. Anyone else experience bad lag over the last 12 hours?

# 2

von

Hummm

vor 6 Jahre

do = due ... doh!

# 3

von

Firefly

vor 6 Jahre

Ouch, 30 seconds sounds like a looooong time. Are you sure there wasn't anyone else uploading/choking your connection at the time? The server doesn't appear to have had any issues so it must've been a connection problem. Let me know if persists so I can maybe contact the hoster.

# 4

von

Hummm

vor 6 Jahre

ya .. 30 seconds IS a LONG time ... https://imgur.com/a/KDIpE I'll give it another shot this afternoon, hopefully, it will be better.

# 5

von

Hummm

vor 6 Jahre

nope ... lag is just as bad today :(

# 6

von

Hummm

vor 6 Jahre

OK I solved it... I just tried playing on my laptop, and it runs fine, (no lag) same network connection. Further digging reveals my iMac's disk @ 90% ... so I cleaned off >100GB data off my drive and now it runs like a champ. feature request ... can you add an indicator that it's a disk I/O issue not a Network issue? perhaps it is already there .. what's the meaning of the white bars vs the yellow bars?

# 7

von

Doddy

vor 6 Jahre

I was having similar issues yesterday as well. There was lag and i also got sort of "disconnected" from the game twice leaving my character logged in the game vulnerable to monsters. Not sure if it was actually my connection since i was in skype call and no lag there and my friend teleported to me but i only saw him maybe 30ec after.

Beitrag 1–7 von 7