No discovery bunnies! -Bug

in English in Foren

Beitrag 11–13 von 13

Zurück « 1 2

# 11

von

Hummm

vor 4 Jahre

General rule: The legendaries spawn anywhere the non-legendary form spawns. Thus, the 24-carrot cluster spawns anywhere the Cluster bunny spawns: Cotton Greenwood, Icy Timberland, Snowy Mounds. ... and, as Firefire often says, "it's random."

# 12

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

My main issue is that it's always the bunnies! I can honestly find no code that would make bunnies untamable, they spawn as regular creatures like all other potential pets. That they give no discovery and no coins indicates that the server state for them is "was tamed, but not anymore". I think they'll show a level as long as they didn't spawn as a pet on sign-in. That you were able to tame the gold bunnies leads me to believe that the white rabbits also got tamed, but were tied to specific players that didn't try again later (or so). The pet snack is also not as directional as you might expect: it will not tame exactly a creature you're pointing at, but one in the general vicinity. In all I think the problem is not so much a bug the server-side taming logic, but the client-side player feedback that you get when taming. I'll see if I can improve this for the next update. Since you don't use the pet snack too often, I might add an explicit message that says: "You just tamed <<Creature>>". That's probably much better than the current form of waiting for visual confirmation.

# 13

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

As far as I can tell the cluster discovery had zero problems. Even Loki_TR has it at level 2—making me doubt the report that it doesn't show up :-) I don't see any golden bunnies being discovered right afterwards, but that's probably because they were all tamed? As for the white bunnies: tamed and abandoned is really the only explanation, I still see no other way. I discovered that I've already added direct feedback for the player taming a creature. There is no way any pet gets tamed without it making a cookie-crunching sound. If you can tame the golden bunnies, you can tame the white ones; no difference, no bug. Sorry for sounding like Trump. I added a white bunny to Lucy- since I can confirm the cluster got killed. As for the discovery of the white bunny I'm at a loss what to do. I'll not do anything for now so I have more time to reflect on it.

Beitrag 11–13 von 13

Zurück « 1 2