Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Making solid panels/doors

in English in Foren

Beitrag 1–9 von 9

OP

von

obi-

vor 4 Jahre

Ever since I started detailing my builds with pannels, I've been avoiding making doors where there shouldn't be any. This restricted me to using a single pannel that could be stretched by pillars and slabs, now also by girders. While taking a look at a new build Loki_TR made, he brought up the need for a pannel block, that doesn't change to a door when you stack two on top of eachother. I think I have a solution: https://imgur.com/a/hpAHz69 It's a single new pannel block, that would deactivate the door animation when put on top of 1 or more pannel. It would also take the texture of the pannel block bellow (Just like the flag poles do) The imgur link leads to a visual representation of what it would do (White marble is used to represent this new block) I'm not quite sure how this block would be called yet, but I think it would make building in this game even more complex and beautiful.

# 2

von

obi-

vor 4 Jahre

Suggested by Colts - another way to do it: The new pannel block takes texture from the door block under it, same as flag poles. The block when placed on top of a door block (To act as the upper half), wouldn't behave like a door. To extend this, you can just continue placing these new blocks on top or you'd have to make sure every 2nd block in the n high pannel wall is this new block to get multi-textured walls. Colts also started calling it a binder. I like Colts' idea a lot, as it gives us the choice of making some parts still behave as doors rather than just deactivating the whole stack of doors like my idea suggests.

# 3

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

I like it a lot. This idea works great on top of the existing block technology. Without extra work it'll look nice and only give rare, predictable side effects regarding block physics. I've added it to my wish list for Angeldust v3.9. I know—it's (been) a long time coming.

# 4

von

obi-

vor 4 Jahre

Awesome! Another cool extension of the idea: Make the default texture of the new block something transparent / with almost no texture, this way we can place decals on it and it will allow us to make decals that look like pannels (Be in the middle of a block) Example: Alex made a tree in the streaming city, the tree has vines flowing down from the canopy, for that he used the ivy decal, but the ivy decal alternates direction every 2nd block. Making the new block's default texture almost invisible would fix this. Alex would only need to place the new block and the ivy on the side of it.

# 5

von

obi-

vor 4 Jahre

And where the ivy touches the leaves, instead of sticking to the leaves above them and leaving an annoying gap, they would now stick to the new block.

# 6

von

ColtsWalker

vor 4 Jahre

Will this block suggestion appear in the update or will it take longer to work out?

# 7

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

Today's "fishing for update news" eh? The panel binder is on my list and I've done a lot of mental work on it already.

# 8

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

I've renamed this topic from 'Block that changes doors to pannels'. The feature requested here is also added by the new 'mimic block' that I showed off on the development stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdsN1obB0OU

# 9

von

ColtsWalker

vor 4 Jahre

Killed two birds with one stone.

Beitrag 1–9 von 9