Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Bloc rotation

in English in Foren

Beitrag 1–10 von 10

OP

von

Viclaterreur

vor 7 Jahre

Ok firefly. The game is good. Relaxing. But we really need to be able to rotate blocks (especially pannels and pillars/rope) for building.

# 2

von

Aoi Blue

vor 7 Jahre

I would agree. I'm not sure if it's directly possible with the engine. However, Firefly could write a script that simply allows you to select from a several blocks on blocks that have facing. Hence, changing the facing of the block by switching it out for one that is faced in a different direction.

# 3

von

Viclaterreur

vor 7 Jahre

Or sell differents blocks in the store, like the same one give you 3 or 4 blocks with all the needed orientations

# 4

von

Elexyzt

vor 7 Jahre

i agree bro

# 5

von

Aoi Blue

vor 7 Jahre

Vicleterreur, that was basically what I was saying. If you check out the minecraft Wiki you can see how minecraft handles it. They actually have one block for each facing, and they are mapped to an additional set of identifier bits on every block that determine variants. Some other blocks use the variant flags for things other than facing. There are several different usages of the space, but the basically map to any of several behavior attributes of the block that just switch out the block object for a different clone based on a several things. The Sims games do something similar as well, as do most games I know that use any form of block-based construction.

# 6

von

j sneezer

vor 7 Jahre

I think you should be able to make monkey bars with the pillars

# 7

von

Alzeron

vor 7 Jahre

I could tell ya a game that has block rotation. The game's name is creativerse, although its like a pay-to-play game, where you're either a vip who can create a world (server) or just a join a world via asking the person through steam (or look for a world with no password, although the owner mostly is inactive and would not be able to give you any permission on the world). It also doesn't give much emphasis on anything, other than building, and all you really do there is gather stuff for you to use in your builds (just like vanilla minecraft survival w/out boss mobs and dungeons, villages, and such).

# 8

von

Burnin

vor 7 Jahre

Yeah, it would be really nice if the dev added block rotation.

# 9

von

Firefly

vor 7 Jahre

It would be nice. Yes :)

# 10

von

Alzeron

vor 7 Jahre

Does this mean what I think it means? :D

Beitrag 1–10 von 10