ATTN: Linux users!

dans English dans Forums

Message 21–28 sur 28

Précédent « 1 2 3

# 21

par

Firefly

5 ans plus tôt

Editing the settings files directly is a power move for power users like the both of you. I'm glad it holds up well even at those settings. But regular users should be happy with the official max I think—"640K should be enough for anybody."

# 22

par

Hummm

5 ans plus tôt

I would have never imagined it would be that easy, it speaks volumes of your forethought that has gone into the game's development. I'm really looking forward to the day you open source AD. I'm guessing this setting is something that gets passed to LibSDL (presumably Aoi Blue is familiar with that API) I couldn't help thinking as I was changing the value of 17 to 31 "these amps go to 11". And then the game client displayed "custom" ... brilliant, absolutely brilliant! Have you given any more thought to creating subdirectories for the chunk and png files? ... $ find . | awk -F. '{print $NF}' | sort | uniq -c 1 14 adrp 48895 chunk 286 png 32 txt The chunk files are over whelming my access to everything else (most notably the .pngs)

# 23

par

Firefly

5 ans plus tôt

@Hummm: about reorganizing game file storage: for now it works. I really don't want to mess with it before release. SQLite seems like a step forward for the future, but it's not going to happen for v3.0. If it ain't broke for most players, don't fix it.

# 24

par

Firefly

5 ans plus tôt

All this talk of view distances made me dive into the rendering pipeline a bit more. After a bit of profiling I think I might be able to improve the rendering performance on high view distances. I'll report back if I manage to find something that is acceptable for production.

# 25

par

Aoi Blue

5 ans plus tôt

Yeah, take your time on it. I know many people just slap the highest distance on, not realizing that the limiting factor is memory bandwidth, CPU Power and network bandwidth for that on systems with exceptional GPUs. Since Angeldust is highly multithreaded, unlike most games, they will also likely be confused how someone with a high-thread-count processor does better than their high single thread performance CPU that works great in other games. They'll blame Angeldust, not the other games, and won't realize just how far Angeldust is capable of rendering.

# 26

par

Firefly

5 ans plus tôt

I just wrapped up work on expanding the view distance. The next update will feature three new, higher menu option values: immense [31], insane [47] and 'infinite' [63]. I've optimized the rendering pipeline so that 'insane' runs at 60 FPS on my machine. Additional bonus: less flickering of elements in the distance, as I've been able to increase the OpenGL depth buffer accuracy while at it.

# 27

par

Hummm

5 ans plus tôt

63 does not seem to be honored atm ...

# 28

par

Firefly

5 ans plus tôt

It'll work/be useful in the next update. Because of the frustum culling setup in the current version, you can only see things up to view distance 31.

Message 21–28 sur 28

Précédent « 1 2 3