Build battle

in English in Forum

Post 1–10 di 19

1 2 » Succ.

PO

di

obi-

4 anni fa

This week we might hold a build battle during the livestream. As this will be the first build battle ever, we need to figure out the logistics, like plot size and location, how we choose the theme, how much time the builders have, how we vote and who votes for the builds, what are the possible scores... Plots: -SIze: -Option A:I was thinking of taking the village plot size (13x13 blocks), but I find that is too small. The size I'm thinking about now is 16x16 blocks, that way we can have 4 per claim. -Option B: Each builder gets his own claim and decides how much he will need, taking up anything more than 1 claim results in disqualification. -Location: Streaming City Quadrant B Theme: -Option A: We choose a few themes ahead of time and at the start of the livestream use RNG or vote for one of the available themes, by saying what we want in chat. -Option B: We choose a theme before the livestream and give the builders some preparation time, this will take away a key aspect of build battles in my oppinion, as coming up with a cool design on the spot is a skill that would no longer be relevant. Time: -After choosing the theme at the start of the stream, the participants build, while Firefly goes hunting with everyone else. When Firefly is done hunting (hour or so), the participants stop building, all perms are revoked so noone can alter their build after the fact. Judging the builds: -Option A: We choose a few judges who will judge the builds (FIrefly, space is green(?), someone else) -Option B: The chat votes what a builds score should be. -Option C: Combination of A & B - We have the predetermined judges, plus the chat as the third judge. Scores: -Any range of numbers, perhaps 1 to 5. Maybe even color coded. Feel free to suggest any changes and comment on anything; propose some themes, what options you believe are best, maybe even offer new options. Thank you, obi

# 2

di

Angelio

4 anni fa

I propose that the judges judge the constructions without knowing who built what. Unless i'm wrong, i haven't seen this idea mentioned in your build battle explanation.

# 3

di

Firefly

4 anni fa

I'm game! Great idea to get people building at the start of the stream and then checking up on them later. We'll have fewer people hunting, but that doesn't matter—this way everyone can have fun their way, and get recognition for their work. As for rules, I'll leave it up to the builders (please check in here!) to decide. I don't have a lot of experience hosting build battles, except for one we did way back in the day. We had a lot of fun, but no impressive results to show for it. If our goal is to have fun, a bit of competition and also to start filling up Streaming City quadrant B I think our best bet is to leave size up to each contestant, within reasonable limits. This way we can probably fill up the space a bit better.

# 4

di

obi-

4 anni fa

So option B for plot size. Yes, anyone who wants to participate in the build battle say so on here. I'll also be one of the participants.

# 5

di

obi-

4 anni fa

@Angelio: Seems like a good idea.

# 6

di

Ruan4K

4 anni fa

I totally support it, I'm in!

# 7

di

Firefly

4 anni fa

Tomorrow seems a little too early to hold the actual first battle, but we'll certainly discuss the idea a bit more. Hopefully we can drum up a group of builders willing to take on the challenge!

# 8

di

Firefly

4 anni fa

Just discussed this on the livestream: we're aiming to do the first build battle next week on Saturday March 21st, 2020 at 17.00h UTC. We'll build in Streaming City quadrant B and builders will have a 90 minute window to build their things. Afterwards, we'll try to have Hummm, space is green and me (Firefly) judge each build giving 1-10 points and we'll see which build was the most impressive. Sounds good?

# 9

di

INFAMOUS

4 anni fa

I will participate in the build battle and here's a list of some themes I thought of. Ruins Oasis Dragon Park Treehouse Rustic Futuristic Over-Growth Elemental Industrial Steampunk Spooky Egyptian Alien Military

# 10

di

Angelio

4 anni fa

You forgot : Medieval Fantasy Summer building Winter building Floating buildings (example : building on a clound floating on the Sky) Historic building Greek Asian traditional buildings Photons Build something that has already been build (example : Rebuild the Spiral Tower) Build with only limited number or type of blocks or blocks imposed That's all i have in mind for now ;) I Hope it will give a lot of ideas

Post 1–10 di 19

1 2 » Succ.