Angeldust v3.9 planning

in English in Foren

Beitrag 1–10 von 13

1 2 » Weiter

OP

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

I will release Angeldust v3.9 this Saturday, April 4th 2020. Expect the website and game server to go down for about two hours starting 07.30h UTC. Afterwards I'll release the updated client versions so you can play again. During yesterday's livestream I said I'd try my best to release it earlier, but I'm swamped in non-related work like bookkeeping and I don't feel comfortable rushing out the update. So stay tuned and be delighted on Saturday!

# 2

von

ColtsWalker

vor 4 Jahre

You misunderstood my saddle suggestion. I think that the saddle should be used to mount your existing mount or a new mount. The change I suggested is that when you press the "R" key to mount an animal it should only mount your existing animal. If you do wish to select a new animal to ride then you should be required to have the saddle active in inventory. Using the "R" key with the saddle active in inventory will mount a new animal or your existing animal. Otherwise, when using the "R" key and not having the saddle active in inventory will only allow you to remount your existing animal. Press the "R" key - mounts the animal you have already been riding. Select Saddle in inventory and press "R" - mount any eligible animal be it your current mount or a new one. That would be a subtle change and compatible with the current methodology.

# 3

von

ColtsWalker

vor 4 Jahre

***** - Five Stars ! I give you my appreciation for the change in the volume control. Thank you.

# 4

von

ColtsWalker

vor 4 Jahre

Android / mobile gameplay - consider moving the circle icon with the run activation from the left side over to the right side. It is awkward to try to keep moving forward using the left side of the screen and activate run without stopping. It would be more natural to tap the run icon with the right hand finger while using the left hand to move forward. This would allow for continuous motion forward going from walk to run without stopping.

# 5

von

shirozou

vor 4 Jahre

PLEASE LOWER THE PRICE AND MAKE IT 5$

# 6

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

The saddle remains a pain point for now. It's on my list for Angeldust v3.10, but I haven't been able to come up with a good solution for years now. I know some of you feel the obvious solution is a 'from inventory'/'from shortcut key' distinction. I intensely dislike that for being non-obvious, undiscoverable and completely blocking any new player from hopping onto their second horse after riding their first one. Adding text and tips isn't going to help much. So I'd rather focus on adding value. My best idea is a dropdown on the website to select previously ridden and tamed creatures. Enabling you to change your creatures as easily as your colors. This would certainly add to roleplaying and customization. Then the touchscreen sprint button: it's actually meant to be pressed and held/dragged. You can move your left thumb around to sprint in any direction. That's the way I use it :D

# 7

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

A quick addition: I've tried once more to fix the 'house disappears twice' bug when using the demolition feature on the website. Not entirely sure if it'll be gone, but I certainly removed some tricky code that might've caused it. This fix rolls out along with Angeldust v3.9 tomorrow.

# 8

von

Hummm

vor 4 Jahre

FF, I think you underestimate the IQ of your players... every other item in-game requires you to select it from your hotbar... sans the following shortcuts... BTW, I have no idea where @ColtsWalker came up with the 'R' key ... 'R' is the shortcut for the telecharger. 'E' is the shortcut to mount/unmount... and all 'we' have ever asked for is, 'E" will only mount a new creature if you 1) own a saddle, 2) don't own already have a mount. ... just like right-click used to be a HIGH UTILITY shortcut for use shovel, but now is bizarro-world toggle current item for shovel, which is totally useless now that 'Q' is a shortcut for select this block. having said all that, the whole request becomes moot if I can select any previous tamed creature (either in-game or from the website) also note: AFAIK there is not shortcut for the pet snack, yet players have no difficulty spamming it in the presents of White Rabbits...

# 9

von

ColtsWalker

vor 4 Jahre

I meant 'E' My mistake. I mean what I think, not what I say.

# 10

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

Alright, here we go! Right on time.

Beitrag 1–10 von 13

1 2 » Weiter