RFC: Empowering (GM)s

in English in Forums

Post 11–18 of 18

Previous « 1 2

# 11

by

Loki The Witful

1 year ago

I like the mute idea, and I think for the time period what if it would get longer for example, if I was muted it would last an hour, and if I did not learn my lesson and still cursed, the second mute would last three hours, and if I still did not learn the third would last 24 hours, and the forth would just be ban hammer. Or something along this line would work.

# 12

by

JeremyDarkling

1 year ago

I absolutely agree with everything! the idea is wonderful. GM deserve more features! Loki, it seems to me that one hour is not enough .. like three hours .. The first warning for four days, the golden mean. If you immediately ban forever, then the players will simply start the alt and continue to behave as they did. It would be possible to ban mail, it would stop a lot of young players and make them wait.

# 13

by

(GM) Hummm

1 year ago

incident is not a sequential number... it's a key to prevent unsolicited input. (unsolicited input is done via PMs to FF, as is done now) Honestly, if this system had been there from the beginning, I think I would have only used it 2, maybe 3 times. (in the last 5+ years) If AD gets to the point of 100's of cases a day, it's time to shut the whole thing down. I think Soda is correct, if players know the system exists will hopefully be a strong deterrent.

# 14

by

Firefly

1 year ago

After thinking a bit more I'm leaning towards an initial 3 hour account limitation period. Subsequent violations would lead to a 1 day account limitation period to give me time to decide on a ban. Having your account limited would be a first and final, official warning. Ignore at your own peril. While your account is limited you can not: 1.) send world/private/friend chat messages 2.) send friend requests 3.) build on other players' land claims You will see an on-screen notice on sign-in and every time you try to chat/friend request. In all, you'll definitely know when your account is limited. The website box (top right) will also show a countdown until you are not limited anymore. This is not the 'be all, end all' solution to griefers and such, but it's a good first step towards more real-time moderation powers for (GM)s. We can improve things based on feedback and experience. (EDIT: I went from 1 to 2 to 3 hours for the initial period :D)

# 15

by

xagas

1 year ago

I agree with the idea Firefly, however that would be a big responsibility

# 16

by

GM Angelio

1 year ago

k

# 17

by

SodaMeow

1 year ago

Brilliant, I think it be quite effective and give the players a second chance, very reasonable and fair. @firefly -will this function be effective soon? or in the next update? Thanks!

# 18

by

Firefly

1 year ago

To prevent misunderstandings: we're trying to come up with a good way to interactively moderate troublemakers in the game. I wanted feedback on ideas from both players and moderators to make sure we get an effective and fair way of doing so. Only griefing, cursing and truly bothersome troublemakers will be affected by this in the future. Not any of you reading this topic. @SodaMeow: it's Coming Soon™!

Post 11–18 of 18

Previous « 1 2