ATTN: Server move

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 12

1 2 » Next

OP

by

Firefly

8 months ago

Because of recent server performance issues I'll be migrating the Angeldust server to a different data center. The following topic details data privacy implications: https://angeldu.st/en/forums/topics/11080/Privacy My current plan is to get the new server setup prepared tomorrow (Tuesday) and subsequently migrate the actual production data and DNS on Wednesday, August 9th, 2023 anywhere from 07.00h to 15.00h UTC. This is 09.00h to 17.00h CEST. I realize that's a huge eight-hour window of time for me to get everything right, but I need to make sure there are no lingering problems. Please plan your questing, play-togethering and dungeoneering around the maintenance window. We're probably back way earlier than eight hours, but I can't promise anything. With the server migration I hope to fix latency problems, game stalls, slow website page loads and a ton more all at once.

# 2

by

ShinjouChYT

8 months ago

Yup! We see you there, FF-sama! P.S: during that, i will be not active the entire day xD -Shinjou

# 3

by

Firefly

8 months ago

I've spent all day preparing tomorrow's server migration and I feel pretty confident about it. If you want to get real-time announcements, follow me on Twitter or X or whatever it's called—I'll post there once I start and finish the work.

# 4

by

ShinjouChYT

8 months ago

Elon musk is the the X thingy, wth twitter turned in....

# 5

by

Firefly

8 months ago

We are going offline in a few minutes, I'll do my best to keep the maintenance window as short as possible. Also shoutout to @jo lee who got the final pet snack. And thanks to @Hummm for messing up the 'Play together!' game mode.

# 6

by

Firefly

8 months ago

We're back (after one hour)! There are a few things I need to set up, like house images and e-mail sending, but the game and website should be operational again. Let me know if you are having connection issues.

# 7

by

Firefly

8 months ago

Password reset e-mail delivery is back online too. I think we've got everything running smoothly now.

# 8

by

(GM) SodaMeow

8 months ago

That was pretty fast transfer, logging in with no issues.

# 9

by

(GM) Hummm

8 months ago

everything seems to be working... and better

# 10

by

ShinjouChYT

8 months ago

Fr fr

Post 1–10 of 12

1 2 » Next