Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Animals De-spawning...

in English in Forums

Post 1–8 of 8

OP

by

Kamikaze Justice

6 years ago

Firefly... On the next game upgrade, can you make it so that the animals won't despawn when we leave the area, or leave the game, so that they will remain (forever) in the game until they're killed? Thanks!

# 2

by

Aoi Blue

6 years ago

I think forever would be a bit heavy on the server. However, giving a certain number of persistent creatures might be a good idea.

# 3

by

Aoi Blue

6 years ago

As a note, even moving from the out of sight out of mind system to having the mobs be server side tracked for a certain radius around players, and remain persistent in areas players TPed from for a short period of time would be a drastic improvement.

# 4

by

Hummm

6 years ago

This used to frustrate me too ... you're better off learning how the system works and adapting to it... use it to your advantage eg .. I have ZERO interest in fighting elephants (time to kill not worth coinage) .. so I run the other way, let them despawn, then come back to something more intere$ting :)

# 5

by

Gerberd

6 years ago

We had 2 dust bunnies and the 2 people with me needed to kill one. We got jumped by trolls and by the time we defeated them and the random roamer, the dust bunnies were nowhere to be found.

# 6

by

Spectrum

6 years ago

15 hydras at you location wont de spawn its a bad idea and you hardly can get rid of it

# 7

by

Spectrum

6 years ago

Plus.....you have to log out and log in to escape the area

# 8

by

Kamikaze Justice

6 years ago

The system can have a max amount of creatures that can spawn in any one area (and allow creatures not to spawn quickly to the max population), so i think the server can still do fine, while not allowing creatures to despawn. Maybe, the game can tell us where there are large numbers of creatures, and we can have a creature hunt to bring the population down. I think, it can still be done. There are other on-line games, like Diablo II, that never despawn their creatures. We can come back the next day and they're still there. As for those 15 hydras... what a hunting party that would be... pure fun.

Post 1–8 of 8