Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

ATTN: Unplanned restart

in English in Forums

Post 1–6 of 6

OP

by

Firefly

1 month ago

Several hours ago the database backing the Angeldust website and game server ground to a halt because a disk ran out of disk space. Please contact me if you were affected by this and lost any progress in hunting or building; I'll try to make things right, even though some building progress might be lost forever. I'm sorry that this happened—I think this is the second unplanned shutdown in almost nine years. I find that sort of acceptable, but I don't want to have any more slip-ups.

# 2

by

Loki The Witful

1 month ago

Oh my, luckily I think I am good

# 3

by

Firefly

1 month ago

To prevent this same problem from popping up in the future I've limited the amount of dynamic data that is stored on the disk. This change should make everything a lot more robust, as I no longer have to monitor and clean up stuff regularly. I'll keep an eye out on the system to make sure it works properly over the next weeks :-)

# 4

by

Loki The Witful

1 month ago

Nice we went from manual to auto :)

# 5

by

Firefly

1 month ago

The new system is working as intended; I no longer have to manually clean up stuff to prevent disks getting full. It's actually so much nicer this way, but I never got around to thinking about this before.

# 6

by

Loki The Witful

1 month ago

Cool stuff automation :D

Post 1–6 of 6