Uncovering a Mystery...

in English in Forums

Post 11–18 of 18

Previous « 1 2

# 11

by

Kamikaze Justice

6 years ago

I had asked Firefly in one of our hunting parties, if it was possible to map out the Angeldust world, and he said something like, it'd be very hard to do. I took that as meaning, it's still possible, or, it's not impossible, or, I wouldn't try it if I were you. The world could either cylindrical or flat (or some other unthinkable shape). If I should travel from my Village house and reach Level 512, and keep going as the land levels decrease and reach my Village house again, the world just might be like a cylindrical shape.

# 12

by

DM THE HELPER

6 years ago

If the world is cylindrical what about the corner at space's house as it will mean that the village is like a ring around the world.

# 13

by

Aoi Blue

6 years ago

You guys are all presuming conventional geometry that fits nicely inside our concept of 3D locations. Games are constrained to this. Specifically because of tile-loading of the world. The world is loaded only a few tiles at a time.

# 14

by

Kamikaze Justice

6 years ago

I, for one, am not presuming anything. I did use the word "might", so I'm just giving a possibility. Can't know for sure because there are still too many mysteries and unknowns, and unless there's a huge campaign to find the answers, by exploring, then we'll never know for sure. Right now, though, a cylindrical map (a large diameter cylinder) is as good as any other guess. It will boggle the mind for a long time.

# 15

by

Kamikaze Justice

6 years ago

Of course.... Firefly (Frank) can just tell us exactly how the Angeldust world actually looks like. ;)

# 16

by

Gerberd

6 years ago

It's all set mathematically. I believe. If there are always 4 claims per level and 32 little square blocks per claim, then there would always be 65,408 little square blocks from the wall of the town to level 512. I've never seen a triangular shaped or an oddly shaped claim. It's all square. I've heard that the Angledust world is bigger than Earth. I assume this is true. It took lifetimes to map out the Earth incorrectly. The map makers would get mad at each other; they argued about it, they had many disagreements. It was pretty close but, until we started putting up satellites that could look down and take pictures it wasn't an exact thing. The Angeldust world is fixed, so it would be possible to figure out what went straight to where but it would take many, many working hours and still wouldn't be quite right and it wouldn't effect game play one bit; actually we'd gain nothing. It'd be like; say hey Kamikaze, I spent the past year figuring out that if you get onto this line here and you go for 17 hours then turn north and go for like 45 minuets you get to my house. I think it's fun to try to figure it out, but it gets boring and tedious and it's never going to pay out with valuable information; so it's going to get boring and you'll want to quit and you should. This has already happened to me, but I get to thinking about it again. Spaces road will give us a bunch to go on when it makes it around (that was almost to level 90 last I checked). We'd have to finish it and then that's only one really long road in a place larger than the Earth. I'm afraid we'd need a second road going South from space's house. Town has to be an L. like an L drawn in the middle of a sheet of graph paper and the outsides of the paper are level 512 and it wraps around itself. Space is Green's house is on the corner; I have no idea what's on the ends. It could be a square but I doubt it because that would triple the amount of places where you need to walk diagonally to increase levels and it would mean that Obi didn't know what he was talking about when he said that you go from your house to level 512 and then it counts back down and you're at your house. So it can't be a square. Has anyone ever seen a corner besides the one at Space is Green's house? Town has to be an L. It absolutely has to be. Which means the striped road will reach an end of the town.

# 17

by

Kamikaze Justice

6 years ago

Having to walk everywhere, and taking a very long time to reach Level 512, some might think that the Angeldust world is larger than Earth, but I believe, if we were able to drive a car at 70 mph, that would no longer be the thinking. We'd be able to reach Level 512 very quickly, or, anywhere else. Since Angeldust isn't mapped out, it's only speculation that Earth is smaller. The only person that can really answer the question, with any amount of certainty, would be Firefly. I'm gonna guess, that we can walk about 5 mph in the game, and the 20 hrs I walked in 3 days probably covered about 100 miles. If I had a car, driving at 70 mph, I would have covered the same distance in less than 1.5 hours, and Angeldust wouldn't seem so large.

# 18

by

PoisonTDM

6 years ago

Maybe when the next time you go to Angeldust, Click play together and if you are starting one, make sure to go to the village, save the location, and maybe later you can uncover the mystery but if you get bored, make sure to save the location at the progress you did.

Post 11–18 of 18

Previous « 1 2