Why?

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 11

1 2 » Next

OP

by

Soumade

7 years ago

I was wondering why a lot of people build cubes on their claims? It looks like the BORG landed there and try to assimilate the world ^^

# 2

by

dumz

7 years ago

i know what you mean some people arent creative yet but hopefully they will come back to them and improve on them

# 3

by

Bucky

7 years ago

hahaha..but but.. walls keep the monsters out!

# 4

by

Soumade

7 years ago

you can build a wall, but why a 32x32 square wall? ^^

# 5

by

Quinley

7 years ago

Probably to enclose maximum volume for effort spent. From that view its an efficient design. When groups come up with a theme for their town then we'll see some nicer stuff.

# 6

by

staby-snail

7 years ago

well when you first start off u need others to teach them how to play then comes their building stage and after that their wandering u have to teach or so them well when it's their building stage or the will be borg

# 7

by

Mauto

7 years ago

Maybe there are lots of fans of 70' architecture playing the game? :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture I guess a lot of folks sublimate the basic cube shape of the blocks and scale them up accordingly. Not just plots full to the brim, but generally using squares and rectangles as their primary shapes. Similar note: I have actually tried Minecraft now, after playing this first, and it made me appreciate AD's deformable materials that much more. Very helpful in adding a more organic feel to your creations, plus there are times when they warp in unexpected and interesting ways, which sometimes pushes the design in a direction I wouldn't have normally considered

# 8

by

CoconutGun

7 years ago

You mean that black 32x32 wall in the middle of the golden bridge? Man what a thing to see, thanks Lilith for showing off your artistic skills

# 9

by

HelloPoops

7 years ago

Lolz, i actually almost did that, a hollow cube with no roof and one door, and now i hsve an island, tower, thing. Lolz, still sucks, srry m8.

# 10

by

insamniac

7 years ago

I made a 64x64 cube with a ceiling. The inside is what counts... but then I found the inside still gets sunlight despite being completely sealed. So now the floor is still dirt, and I've moved on with my life.

Post 1–10 of 11

1 2 » Next