Future Update: Disables building, Claim-To-Build

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 20

1 2 » Next

OP

by

Clare

7 years ago

For those that don't know, Firefly has said he plans on disabling building/removing blocks except for on claimed land, so this will make the game "Claim-To-Build" when outside of the spawn. There will eventually be a server wipe that will remove any player-made blocks on unclaimed land, the blocks in claimed land will not be erased. Players will not be able to place/remove any blocks unless on their own claimed land Creatures will still be able to place/remove blocks, except on claimed land of course. What are your thoughts? I do have some issues with this "Claim-To-Build" change. 1. Solo players and groups without a air shield staff can't build small pillars to protect themselves from projectiles and not every biome is infested with trees. 2. Sorceress can't make small pillars to use for healing and for attacking. Sorcerress would have to rely on finding trees/walls/hills to self-heal, which can lead to aggro'ing more mobs. 3.Builders can't chop down trees that are blocking their turrets shots or other players attacks. Making Builder even worse than it already is. 4. Can't build over your head to de-aggro birds quickly. 5. Can't build pillars to mark down how much space your multiple land claims will take up 6. You can't remove trees that will block your view of your land claim when trying to place it down.

# 2

by

CAPTWINDOWShobos

7 years ago

all great points but i think you missed the one that scares me the most about this update......this will kill the social aspect of the game right now i have seen many groups of players helping build large structure which then one of the group can claim, i am not saying the world should not go "claim to build" but if it does please make it so we can allow others to build on our land or bring in guild/clan claims. FIREFLY PLEASE CONSIDERED THE SOCIAL BUILDING ASPECT BEFORE YOU IMPLEMENT "CLAIM TO BUILD"

# 3

by

DatScout

7 years ago

number 1 dont need pillars git gud 2 dig down and do da magics 3 lure enemy to open area bra 4 didnt know about this but just run away 5 it shows how big the claim will be 6 cut down the trees in ur claim also trees look pretty also you can find a spot with no or less trees ta da

# 4

by

Midori

7 years ago

Yeah I see HUGE issue in that we can not build together already, I sure hope we will get that option with patch in near future. All other points I find to be insignificiant and just some number tweak in dmg output,you can already see how much land u need with telecharger in hand and it is easy to count in head...

# 5

by

Clare

7 years ago

@ DatScout "dig down" Players won't be able to build or dig/remove blocks unless it's on their own claimed land. "it shows how big the claim will be" I said multiple land claims, not just one. Players will want to be able to create a outline of their land claims to see how it'd look like first. Like if I want to have 12 land claims all together, I want to create some pillars that show the outline of 12 land claims together so I can easily see just how much space it'd take.

# 6

by

Midori

7 years ago

I can not understand how you are unable to imagine how much land 12 claims take+you could just walk from side to side with telecharger in hand and then fly using sorcerrer if you are really unable to imagine it. It is less work than building pillars then again gain from this change>negatives.

# 7

by

Soumade

7 years ago

we need the feature to add friends in your claim. but the person who claimed it has admin rights. so he/she can kick people if they dont behave.

# 8

by

CoconutGun

7 years ago

Firefly mentioned monsters will be able to destroy the lands temporarily and it will be reset after that, why not let players do the same? Like be able to build and it will stay there temporarily unless it is claimed. Just an idea

# 9

by

CoconutGun

7 years ago

I understand Firefly's frustration when people spam blocks when he streams, but man we do love the freedom the game offers right now.

# 10

by

Midori

7 years ago

It will save lots of server resources , so game can run cheaper for longer time and more ppl. It will also sell gold better as ppl will want large land. It will make building more tactical and force you to hunt more too [so more group killing] It is not gonna be so bad , c'mon :^)

Post 1–10 of 20

1 2 » Next