Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Android with XBox360 Gamepad

in English in Forums

Post 1–4 of 4

OP

by

Fierro

5 years ago

Hi Firefly. I got an OTG cable finally! So now I can test Xbox360 Wireless gamepad with Android. But I found an issue. The right analog stick don't work well. Left/Right is mapped to up/down view. UP is action (like Right Trigger). And Down... I don't know what it does, if anything. Another problem: after a while playing with gamepad... the game turns crazy and it starts to turn view to left in a loop... so I have to quit the game. Even login out and login in again doesn't work. I have to restart the game to solve it. All the rest on the gamepad works ok like in PC: D-pad, L/R triggers, L/R bumpers, X,Y,A,B,Back,Start, etc., and Left Analog Stick is movement. Except Right Analog Stick like I said before. Everything works like in https://angeldu.st/en/controls except the Right Analog Stick. The bigger issue is that I can't turn L/R because of this. Can this be fixed in some way? Maybe some new option to change gamepad mode in settings? Tell me if you need more testing from me or something.

# 2

by

Swaleha

5 years ago

Ok i know your problem it is happening because your Wi-Fi connection or internet connection is slow thats why this is happening. To me also this is only problem and how to download v2.22. So that i tell to firefly that he should slove this problems. I tell that you will understand this all problems.

# 3

by

Firefly

5 years ago

@Fierro: not sure how to solve this. I source my game controller definitions from SDL and some community repositories. But I think Android uses its own internal thing. Does your gamepad work properly on other devices? I mean, the gamepad hardware itself is known to be correct? I think SDL v2.0.8 has a few fixes for gamepads on Android, but I'm still using v2.0.7 because of compatibility issues. I'll see if I can upgrade to v2.0.8 in a future update.

# 4

by

Fierro

5 years ago

Yes, the gamepad works OK, I use it with a lot of games on Linux and Windows without problems and it works great on AD PC. It's an original gamepad from MS, not a generic one. All works ok except the 'right analog stick' which sounds to me like some kind of mapping issue. I will do some more testing later and I will share my results.

Post 1–4 of 4