snakes glitch threw walls of blocks

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 12

1 2 » Next

OP

by

zaljo151727

5 years ago

firefly next update can you fix the glitch where animals clip threw the ground and blocks plz? I'm having that issue with snakes. Cause i have a glass wall around the boarder of my plot that go up to the sky limit but as i was building i started to be attacked with nothing around at first..till i saw a snake in my plot attacking me this happened several times afterwards and I know i killed all the animals inside the area so either they glitched threw the ground/walls or their spawning on my plots of land . i cant get a screenshot of it as of rn cause it hasnt happened again as of yet and ik every block on my walls is there ..ik because ive checked several times

# 2

by

Hummm

5 years ago

you could just kill the snakes ... some are pretty good money, just saying

# 3

by

Firefly

5 years ago

There's many ways a snake can legitimately end up in your build without breaking game rules or physics. I will investigate a bit, but calling this 'the glitch' without any evidence feels wrong :-)

# 4

by

Swaleha

5 years ago

No don't put now any update.

# 5

by

Firefly

5 years ago

I investigated this. Snakes have a hit-box that is shorter than a single block. They can potentially cram themselves between a very thin block in the natural landscape and an artificial block placed above them. Due to the way the landscape is rendered, you can not easily see where this situation occurs. Can you confirm that your build, or the walls thereof, are placed on the natural landscape? Otherwise snakes can not creep through solid placed blocks, only doors.

# 6

by

Hummm

5 years ago

This confirms what I said about rhino damage ... in a "new" place, trees will block snakes, but a "well worn" hunting grounds (like mine) the snakes go right under/thru since almost every tree an a 50x50 claim area has be hit by an angry rhino ... lol ... mammoths will actually destroy trees, as in, gone, no more tree.

# 7

by

wyppie

5 years ago

Zaljo how can you know that there can glitch trough walls maybe they just spawn there it's difficult to see what really happen .

# 8

by

zaljo151727

5 years ago

pretty shure they shouldnt be spawning on player land

# 9

by

Firefly

5 years ago

Zaljo, did you check your walls yet? Are there places where you built them on top of the natural landscape? Try replacing the bottommost natural blocks with similar ones from your inventory. This might close the rare gaps where snakes fit through.

# 10

by

zaljo151727

5 years ago

ty firefly for the info

Post 1–10 of 12

1 2 » Next