to Mentto

in English in Forums

Post 41–47 of 47

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5

# 41

by

Kamikaze Justice

4 years ago

It's obvious, the best way to slow down the griefers, because we'll never stop them completely, is to not have "friends", and, buy as much land as possible (as a buffer) around the land we're building on (so we need 100s of accounts)... and don't have "Wonders". I made some mistakes with my first town (a Wonder), since I was new to the game, where there are over 30 griefers. Since then, I've greatly prevented the griefing. Right now, it's the "friends" that I have (that I trust) that will have their own "friends", and it's those friends that will grief my claims. My "friends" have visited me on my claimed lands from time to time, and once in a great while, one of their "friends" will follow them to my claims and that's when I begin to cringe. A few weeks ago, two "friends" of my granddaughter's griefed a land we were working on, which would be near the middle of our city. We ended up building 4 walls all the way to the top, around one of the griefer's claims (because there was a building on it), and then I printed the name of our city on the side of the wall, vertically. It doesn't look too bad. I'

# 42

by

Hummm

4 years ago

Unfortunately, KJ is right on. no friends is the only safe way to play... I suspect that makes FF cringe. He want's everyone to friend everyone and all just get along. sorry, FF, welcome to the real world. My GM account is lacking many discoveries, because he's friends w/ everyone and has a constant stream of noobs TPing... it's all good, I knew what I was signing up for, and I've actually enjoyed answering the many Qs of new people. He'll just never be leet.

# 43

by

Ruan4K

4 years ago

hmm, in my humble opinion, I think grief problems can't be solved, even if Firefly somehow solves that problem, griefers always come around. On the one hand it's really frustrating when you have an expansion plan and someone blocks it, it makes you want to stop playing. I've been dealing with griefers for a long time, and nowhere have the communities been able to stop them... I'm glad Firefly is trying to help us at this point, this is the first time I've seen a Game Developer trying to help their game community, and I really appreciate this. Of course we need to remember that the Moniq's hub is used by many players who need tp for certain locations, and the hub is a very important building. But seeing everything in general we can not do much about griefers, the best way is to claim the land much earlier so that griefers do not claim it before. We have to remember that griefers have been around for long years in almost all games, and no one can totally break even, they always find a way to keep doing what they do.

# 44

by

obi-

4 years ago

Yesterday I added a 5 input lock that is configurable to Moniq's hub, which should help prevent people from entering it when they tp there, they could look at the wires in cinnematic, but it would be confusing to a photon pro...even more to a noob. Plus if you input a wrong code you must wait 8 minutes to try again. Photons are amazing. The hub should be safe, as Moniq can change the lock every week or whenever she wants.

# 45

by

obi-

4 years ago

The hub should be safe, as Moniq can change the code every week or whenever she wants.

# 46

by

Moniq

4 years ago

Well, in fact the lock will prevent you from leaving the building, because it can be unlocked from outside only...

# 47

by

Moniq

4 years ago

The general plan is bigger, the whole HUB area will be enclosed. You will only be able to enter, but never leave directly from the HUB area. It will consist more HUB buildings and lock will be on both sides so - I can prevent people comming from a troublesome HUB into the HUB area - HUB owner will be able to lock own HUB to prevent people coming from HUB area

Post 41–47 of 47

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5