Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Painting..

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 10

OP

by

ПсихокантроП

4 years ago

There is a proposal to make paintings on the wall .. Or a mural .. For example, a thin block-plate, which can be attached to other blocks on the side and on which you can select a primitive drawing, like blocks with drawings, only flat and on the wall .. If it is possible to select different drawings on one block, then it will work out well, if it is difficult, maybe then just a few different pictures? P.S .: Sorry for the bad English, I use Google translator ..

# 2

by

Firefly

4 years ago

Paintings, along with other interior decorations, are a very understandable request. Angeldust is in good shape regarding exterior building, but I can see that it could be better for detailed interiors. I've been thinking about this on and off for a long time, but haven't yet decided where to take this. I like the current building system of placing 1x1x1 blocks and I think (ab)using this system for thin paintings and tiny decorations is kind of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. You already see this problem with panel blocks and thin blocks: they take up a 1x1x1 space while being a lot smaller visually. It makes interaction with the build finicky. Props and decorations would be even worse. So, I definitely like the idea. And I can see myself placing a dinner plate and utensils on a table. Or hanging a painting on a wall. Or adding generic lines to a playing field. But I'm not sure how to go about this just yet.

# 3

by

ПсихокантроП

4 years ago

I realized, thanks for the answer, I did not think about the complexity of interacting with the environment .. Although, as an element of the exterior decoration of buildings, it would be nice .. P.S .: Sorry for the bad English, I use Google translator ..

# 4

by

wartaint

4 years ago

Maybe a block that prompts a small window allowing you to draw simple line textures, and attaching many blocks for a larger work.

# 5

by

Firefly

4 years ago

If we ignore technicalities for a moment, would other builders be interested in hanging up paintings? What about other paraphernalia like dinner plates with cutlery, a bundle of rope or pillows?

# 6

by

obi-

4 years ago

Yes. :)

# 7

by

Ruan4K

4 years ago

I like the idea, it would be nice to have this variety of decoration items :D

# 8

by

ПсихокантроП

4 years ago

Can elements of an external decor like a convex or concave mural ?. Maybe a panel with a primitive pattern with edges smoothed to zero ?. Hemisphere protruding from the wall .. Maybe just as if carved simple lines in a tree, such as Scandinavian carved patterns ?. It would look amazing on objects .. P.S .: Sorry for the bad English, I use Google translator ..

# 9

by

Firefly

4 years ago

Let's focus on one thing (paintings) first to see if the idea has potential. Expanding the look of the game involves new artwork, coloring and stylistic choices. Any additions need to build upon our current visuals and must not deviate too much from the current aesthetics. It's a fine line.

# 10

by

ПсихокантроП

4 years ago

I completely agree .. Nothing should seem alien .. Although the color of the photon block is very different from all other blocks .. P.S .: Sorry for the bad English, I use Google translator ..

Post 1–10 of 10