Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Bulldozer Possible Vulnerability

in English in Forums

Post 1–3 of 3

OP

by

ColtsWalker

4 years ago

Request for comment: I do not know if this is by design or an oversight. Other players can detonate my bulldozer. I launched the bulldozer on my claim, while kitten303 was setting off bombs and her detonator kept destroying my bulldozer. I thought, "well maybe because she has build permissions." So we did a test. I revoked her build permissions, and launched a bulldozer. I asked her to use the detonator and still it would destroy my bulldozer. Kitten303 is able to destroy my bulldozer on my claim when she is also present in the same claim chunk. I don't know if she can if she exists the claim chunk, untested. Is this a problem? Maybe, maybe not. I am pointing this out as a behavior of the bulldozer and asking if others have observed the behavior. I am curious if this is a behavior by design or an oversight. Also, more testing: If the player is not on the same claim chunk. If the other player never had build permissions. Does closing the client and opening again make a difference after permissions are revoked.

# 2

by

obi-

4 years ago

Firefly pointed this out in his dev stream #2, bulldozers, just like bombs, are devices and can be exploded by other players, no matter what their relation to the owner is. A way to avoid this: When Kitten was detonating bombs, if she only clicked the detonator just as many times as she needed (once for each bomb), she wouldn't detonate the bulldozer, assuming the bombs are closer to her than the dozer. I don't think restarting the client has any effect on build perms, as perms update in real time. The location of the players in the game world doesn't matter either.

# 3

by

Firefly

4 years ago

@obi's on the money. Being able to detonate some else's bulldozer is known behavior. The detonator is fully non-discriminatory and it doesn't depend on building permissions. Once bulldozer-trolling becomes a meme I'll tweak it. For now I don't see it as a big issue.

Post 1–3 of 3