Hero battle! (PvP) cheating

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 14

1 2 » Next

OP

by

Firefly

4 years ago

I noticed some players band together to cheat their Hero battle! (PvP) scores. Cheating, stats-padding—whatever term you use—it's not what I want to encourage or see in the game. Expect some changes to the scoring algorithm soon. I previously didn't plan for reputable players resorting to cheating, but I will now.

# 2

by

Leyenda

4 years ago

I do not cheat I do normal pvp only that some stay still and I also attack them as they do to me. I at least do not play dirty if you do not believe me come to see it you will see the truth. I'm just saying it because there are some telling me that and it's not like that I never cheat

# 3

by

Leyenda

4 years ago

Also because they tell me cheat Disha13 -_- if I did nothing

# 4

by

Leyenda

4 years ago

Disha13 called me a cheat several times just because she told me she didn't know pvp and I beat her but she wanted -_- I hate people who lie to me

# 5

by

Leyenda

4 years ago

If you think that I cheat you can come to pvp and check that I do not cheat and you can also fight with me you will see that I know. He does well in PVP and that shows that he practices a lot. Also my friend obi saw my pvp improvement he fought with me and saw that it improved a lot

# 6

by

Firefly

4 years ago

If you don't cheat or stats-pad, you don't have to worry (or post)! I'm just going to tweak the scoring algorithm to make sure both low-skill farming and cheating using reputable accounts become impractical.

# 7

by

Leyenda

4 years ago

Ah ok then I can be calm :)

# 9

by

Leyenda

4 years ago

If you think I'm cheating you can do a match with me and you'll see that I'm good at pvp. If I cheated I wouldn't be good at pvp

# 10

by

Firefly

4 years ago

@DM THE HELPER: a scenario where you're simply farming a (reputable) player is definitely something I want to reward with much less points than now. Apparently there's such a huge skill gap that it's not fun for anybody involved. I'll probably have time to tweak the algorithm today or tomorrow, so expect a shift in scores to follow soon. I think I've got a pretty good design to counter farming, cheating and stats-padding. (Also: I can't vouch for the authenticity of the screenshot, but that doesn't matter—the gameplay tweak is independent of any players involved.) @leyenda: I feel nobody in this topic is questioning anyone's ability or PvP-skill. At least, I'm not. I'm just tweaking the algorithm to give less points for low-skill farming and stats-padding. This was something I never envisioned to be a problem, but a few reputable players decided it would be a good use of their time to farm and be farmed :D

Post 1–10 of 14

1 2 » Next