TAB Key Static Binding dispite remap

in English in Forums

Post 11–16 of 16

Previous « 1 2

# 11

by

ColtsWalker

3 years ago

Discord (from paragraph 1) should read "Steam" as in "Steam reviews".

# 12

by

Firefly

3 years ago

Keeping it factual, you describe no additional functional or technical problems due to the Tab-keybind existing. Your original issue of Alt-Tab triggering in-game Tab has been fixed, rolling out in Angeldust v3.15. Thanks for reporting the issue.

# 13

by

ColtsWalker

3 years ago

I am going to assume this is a language barrier. If pressing the TAB key, while still active in AD brings up the inventory menu even though I have set up a custom key map presenting an alternative to TAB bringing up the inventory menu, then the problem will still exist. 1. I am playing Angeldust, and I get an incoming phone call. 2. I press ALT-TAB to switch from Angeldust to CRM 3. An inventory menu does not popup in Angeldust without regards to wether or not I press TAB first or Alt first I want to NULL the TAB key to PREVENT the INVENTORY menu from appearing when I am trying to ALT-TAB in my desktop environment. 123. ABC. Easy as 123...

# 14

by

Firefly

3 years ago

It might be a language barrier; I'm not sure what's going on. In post #9 I detailed my fix: if you press Alt-Tab, Angeldust v3.15 ignores the Tab. Inventory doesn't open and no other Tab actions trigger. Your problem is solved forever as long as Alt is unbound. (Which I might do by default in a future update.) I get your idea of clearing user-mappable actions from Tab, but that's not an actual solution. Tab is then still used as hard-bound UI functionality (like Esc) for form field navigation and a few other functions. Those actions still unintentionally trigger with Alt-Tab. So intercepting Alt-Tab fixes both your issue as well as future Alt-Tab-related issues in the user interface. I see it as the better approach to fixing this. We can disagree on the merits of each solution, but the end result is that your Alt-Tab problem (and with my approach, even more) is fixed. I'm rolling out Angeldust v3.15 tomorrow to polish up the leftover bits and pieces from last week. It includes this fix. I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

# 15

by

ColtsWalker

3 years ago

Tested ... Angeldust v3.15 / Forgotten for Linux Network client (release+atomic) built on Feb 19 2021 at 10:25:57 Alt-Tab opens Inventory Menu. No Bueno.

# 16

by

Firefly

3 years ago

@ColtsWalker: impossible! :D Which Linux distribution and window manager do you use? I'll install it to iron out the wrinkles. It's odd that SDL recognizes your Alt keys, your Tab key, but not the combination of the two.

Post 11–16 of 16

Previous « 1 2