by

Alzeron

7 years ago

yeah! giggity giggity

# 12

by

Firefly

7 years ago

So I've been thinking about a solution to this, but haven't found a great one yet. I don't want to limit new players from claiming land as lots of players come in to build stuff. Adding a chunk-wide 'safe zone' for claiming doesn't work either, because a griefer can just claim two chunks away from you and then claim the chunk in-between, still leading to him/her claiming land right next to yours. Sometimes it's easy to see post-facto that someone has claimed land just to grief. I hope to be able to moderate/arbitrate those situations in the future. That requires a partial rewrite of the server backend, but that will be coming.

# 13

by

Aoi Blue

7 years ago

I usually take time to gauge people's behavior. The biggest thing is other people's respect towards them. As of griefing, it really depends on type. For instance if someone does something silly or stupid in an area scheduled for demolition anyway, I'll get a kick out of it. I tend to build large projects very slowly, or small projects quickly. My house is an example of one such small project. I currently have claim with my current large project.

# 14

by

Spectrum

7 years ago

They usually claim lands around your claim lands and surround it with walls all the way to the top

# 15

by

Aoi Blue

7 years ago

Spectrum, sounds like something they could do. I never build more than a spire all the way to the top. The claim surrounding land issues is one of the I suggest some sort of threshold method to prevent noobs from buying land too early. Something such as requiring people to get to at least level 15 or level 20 so they have to invest some time and actually care if their account gets deleted.

# 16

by

Quagmire Warrior

7 years ago

Such is life. Wouldn't we want this game to be like real life? And that, unfortunately, includes the jerks we face everyday. And in real life, we can still battle the jerks. When I buy land, I try to claim more than one plot, so I can give my building a buffer, because I know there are jerks that love to ruin my fun... because that is what they think is fun. Being able to dump our claimed land should be an option, if we don't like our situation, and then build somewhere else... and then, mentioning the jerk's name in this forum. Also, we need to be careful whom we call a friend.

# 17

by

Aoi Blue

7 years ago

Also getting moderators of some sort into the game would be nice. That way they could ban these people. The idea is that if they get banned for the behavior, even if they just create another account, they lose all their progress, and their buildings should get wiped.

# 18

by

Firefly

7 years ago

Good suggestions for the future. I will rewrite the server backend in the future to handle these solutions, so it's good to keep the ideas flowing.

# 19

by

Aoi Blue

7 years ago

Any limit on player investment to restrict new players from buying land needs to be balanced. It should actually be very minimal. I like the idea of having to buy several claims at once. A level minimum might also work so long as it's low. I've never seen a player with under Lv 10 building anything beyond their house. Lv 10 is easy to achieve in about a half hour, especially now that you can find a bigger variety of enemies in closer to the village.

# 20

by

Aoi Blue

7 years ago

As a note, on the buffer rule, the older claim should simply dominate. This of course means adding timestamps to claims if they aren't there already. The buffer rule should be waved if a player is permitted to build on the claim they are claiming within the buffer zone to. This should solve the issue of allowing people to still claim next to each other.

Post 11–20 of 20

Previous « 1 2