Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

RFC: Build alone blocks

en English en Foros

Publicación 1–7 de 7

OP

por

Firefly

hace 2 años

Going over some Google Play Store reviews, players without an omnipresent Internet connection on their device seem disappointed by the limited collection of blocks in the 'build alone' game mode. This limited block collection was my conscious choice to push players towards the online game mode where the "real" game takes place. In that light it's probably a nice trick, but it's rather disappointing for offline players. Especially since there's zero way of unlocking more blocks. Are there any players here who recognize the situation? What would be a good solution? Would simply offerring *all blocks* in build alone mode be good?

# 2

por

Angelio

hace 2 años

Personally, I think the solution would be to make an extra downloadable mode for the build alone in order to have all the creatures and blocks of the game (even the ability to ride on a dragonlink) that would allow the build alone mode to be a " play ground "or a ground to test constructions. Unfortunately I don't think that's what players expect, maybe they want something like the other game where you can have multiple build alone worlds.

# 3

por

Hummm

hace 2 años

all blocks in build alone is a good idea. adding creatures (without gold) might be ok riding a dragon would certainly increase the desire/need to have it online too to Angelio's surprise (apparently) the ENTIRE map is already your playground in solo mode, although there's no directed TP system, so that's covered.

# 4

por

Hummm

hace 2 años

if you add all this... I predict a request for recording solo mode

# 5

por

obi-

hace 2 años

Adding all blocks is a great start I'd say.

# 6

por

obi-

hace 2 años

Imagine someone built a wonder in build alone haha, that'd be interesting

# 7

por

Firefly

hace 2 años

While improving this I figured it doesn't make much sense to hand out the holo- and photon blocks since they only work properly while playing online. It's fun to have them for aesthetics, but I don't want players to wonder why their amazing machines don't work. I also want to keep a few surprises for the online mode. Blocks that are unlocked by discovering magical areas or hunting remain hidden. In all this bumps the block collection to 500+ blocks, up from 60 blocks. Quite an improvement if you just want to noodle around.

Publicación 1–7 de 7