Game world maintenance

en English en Foros

Publicación 1–10 de 16

1 2 » Siguiente

OP

por

Firefly

hace 7 años

The past weeks I rewrote the game world processing code of the Angeldust server. Tomorrow – Tuesday – I will migrate the existing game world into a new data format. This allows me to add new, cool features later on. I will start the migration between 08.00h and 12.00h UTC tomorrow and will hopefully be done within an hour or two. The website remains online, but the game server will be offline during the migration. Once the migration is done, please check if your claims and buildings are still in good shape. I've tested the new code for tens of thousands of simulated player hours, but the production server has got a huge game world that needs to be converted. I'll post in this topic once I actually begin and end migrating the data (several gigabytes on the production server).

# 2

por

Firefly

hace 7 años

Due to some unforeseen circumstances I can't perform the game world and server update this morning. I'll push it to the midday or tomorrow morning. Stay tuned!

# 3

por

Blueshoes

hace 7 años

Noted and thank you.

# 4

por

Firefly

hace 7 años

Alright, it is time for the update right now (12.00h UTC). I'll be done in about one or two hours; 14.00h UTC tops, I hope. The website will remain online so chat here if you want :)

# 5

por

Firefly

hace 7 años

Alright; good news, bad news — the data conversion is going well, but it'll take way more time than I had anticipated. My current best estimate is that it'll take 7 hours instead of 2, so until about 19.00h UTC. If things miraculously speed up, I'll post here again.

# 6

por

HashKing

hace 7 años

YAY MIGRATIONS

# 7

por

Rififi

hace 7 años

19H, will I survive? x)

# 8

por

Firefly

hace 7 años

Yes, we will survive! About three more hours. There's forty processes reading and recompressing game world data. This makes the website a bit slow at times. But we're doing fine otherwise :)

# 9

por

Gerberd

hace 7 años

Somebody once said that my house was tipped over. When I increased the height, I built a flipped over house on top of whatever I have on the bottom.

# 10

por

Firefly

hace 7 años

You sure showed 'em Gerberd :)! About 90 minutes to go with the server update…

Publicación 1–10 de 16

1 2 » Siguiente