por

Fierro

hace 5 años

Works great here too. Ubuntu 18.04.1, i5, gtx960 (driver 396.54) ^u^

# 12

por

Firefly

hace 5 años

@Fierro: thanks for testing! Looks like I'll be using the updated toolchain for future Linux and Windows builds. The server is now also running updated binaries with better performance so we're all set in that department.

# 13

por

Aoi Blue

hace 5 años

It's worth noting that it requires the remainder of the directory. You may want to compile the other binaries with the new toolchain as well (at least the ones that you have source for. I'm not sure if you have the fmod library source, as you need the "professional license" to get the source code for that one for some reason, even though it is so easy to make obfuscated source code files for per-system optimization these days.)

# 14

por

Aoi Blue

hace 5 años

As a note, it works on Ubuntu with Padoka PPA Mesa GIT build. System CPU: Ryzen 5 1500X RAM: 16GB Motherboard: ASUS B450M-Plus Storage: 1TB HDD Linux Distro: Kubuntu 18.04.x Steam install

# 15

por

Firefly

hace 5 años

Hey @Aoi Blue, glad to see you again! Thanks for testing. I only focus on the Angeldust binary as FMOD is indeed not open source. But so little processing time is spent in FMOD that it doesn't matter in the bigger picture.

# 16

por

Aoi Blue

hace 5 años

Yeah FMOD is pretty lightweight. I wish there was a similar Open Source solution, but there really isn't. Every open source equivalent is either better geared toward music production, and thus very heavyweight, or it's geared towards being a driver shim and extender, like SoftAL, and thus very limited.

# 17

por

Aoi Blue

hace 5 años

As a note, the LibSDL might benefit more from the acceleration.

# 18

por

Firefly

hace 5 años

SDL is also compiled with the newer toolchain, but it doesn't show up in any CPU profiling. I use it mainly for window handling, OpenGL context creation and input processing.

# 19

por

Aoi Blue

hace 5 años

Anyhow, I think the view distance still needs increasing. I'm getting steady framerates well above 50fps with 31 view distance when I modify the files directly. I think it might be OK to add an insane setting with higher view distance than the 17 of the huge setting. I'm running a moderately good entry-level gaming system: Ryzen R5 1500X (Quad core, 2 threads per core, 3.5Ghz, stock settings) 16GB DDR4 Ram. Radeon 480X 8GB video card. The only thing above entry level there is the video card. I'm not sure if I'm being bottlenecked by CPU, RAM, Bus or GPU. I haven't bothered to do any testing on that. However, changing the camera angle is what tends to create drops from 60fps to 51fps.

# 20

por

Hummm

hace 5 años

view distance 31 .. wow nice Hack!

Publicación 11–20 de 28

Anterior « 1 2 3 » Siguiente