Angeldust

YouTube Twitch Facebook Instagram Discord Twitter
Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Do the Quests Need to be More Difficult?

en English en Foros

Publicación 1–10 de 69

1 2 35 6 7 » Siguiente

OP

por

Kamikaze Justice

hace 4 años

While doing Quests is a nice addition to the game, I believe, the Quests need to become more difficult. Instead of finding 10 low level creatures of the same kind, make it so they're 10 different creatures, and not all of them being low level. Today, the 10 Sterling Wolves only took me about 30 minutes to find, today. Also, the way things are now, it's fairly easy for leaders to stay on top of the leaderboards, and new players will never have a chance to catch them.

# 2

por

Hummm

hace 4 años

I question the need for a Quest leaderboard for the exact reason: "new people don't have a chance"

# 3

por

Firefly

hace 4 años

With the upcoming official Steam release I'll reset the quest counts so the many new players do have a fair chance. Current quest counts migrate to a "historical" quest count that is publicly visible and counts as a secondary rating for the quest leaderboard. And as for 'too easy' I'll have some news to share on the upcoming live stream which is aptly named 'Weekend Quest'.

# 4

por

Kamikaze Justice

hace 4 años

I think, a leaderboard is fine because people love competition... they just don't want it to be impossible to compete for the top spot. Make it more difficult, so when the leader doesn't make it on his/her day, it makes it more interesting. It seems to me, the leaderboard has created, at least, a little more interest in the game.

# 5

por

Kamikaze Justice

hace 4 años

FF... I didn't know you left a comment because I was composing my comment at the time. I gotta try to be present for the next stream.

# 6

por

Moniq

hace 4 años

"reset the quest counts"? Any reason why should I continue then? I mean, I try to find time every day to complete daily mission. Now you will reset it so "many new players do have a fair chance". That means following for me: All the time I spent on missions was a waste. After some weeks the situation will be the exact same (+ maybe few more players with same counts), because someone like Hummm WILL do the mission every day as it is currently. Will you reset it again after? :/

# 7

por

Hummm

hace 4 años

@ Monique, that's a fair question... one that concerns me too every time FF brings up resetting the coin count I think FF did (somewhat) address it though when he said the current count moved to an archived count would factor as a secondary.. to me that means tie breaker ... eg: you and playerNoob are tied @ 14 .. but you're listed first b/c your archive count is N > then playernoob's

# 8

por

Firefly

hace 4 años

@Hummm: I think you mistakenly wrote 'resetting the [coin] count', let's not make things even worse :D @Moniq: I think I talked a few times about doing a quest-reset when the official Steam release comes around. It took longer than I wanted; I expected it to be two weeks from Angeldust v3.0, yet here we are… The 'historical' quest thing is there so you'll always be on top of the leaderboard if you have the max quest count. For now the Steam release is the only foreseeable reset that I have in mind. Hummm will remain on top when completing each and every quest—I just have no way of stopping Hummm. Yet. If anyone has some good ideas on how to make the quest leaderboard more 'fun and interactive' I'm all ears. Like @KJ said, I think the quests have definitely raised the interest in the game for a lot of players, but I'll readily admit there's room to grow.

# 9

por

Moniq

hace 4 años

I just try to point out, that "reset so everyone have a fair chance" is one-time hotfix. Yes, on reset everyone will have 0. In a month, it will be the same again, more or less, as it is now (except that us with highest current points will be priorized over others, so not just that fair). And those players who will join next month? Or next year? I can easily imagine you reseting the scores again for same reason and it will not solve anything again. For me presonally, it was a game of patience. One day Hummm will be sick or on vacation or whatever and that day I will get my points to get over him. Now all the waiting will be wasted and you tell me to do all again, de facto. Honestly, reset will demotivate me to do those missions, I don't need coin reward, I already have free 100k and I have no idea what to spend it for. And what about coins? The amount you need to buy EVERYTHING is limited. Why not to cut additional coins to make fair chance for others? (no I don't say to do it, but for me it is the same case) I suggested to include other animal types before. I have killed all gray, make me continue with orange, when I kill all orage ones, make me to kill poisonous ones, etc. Or make it based on points, every 50 mission points the animal color will go "higher". Someone was objecting that (huting other than gray animals), however I still think it is more smooth way to make it more difficult for veterans with many points and easier to be catched up by those who still hunt lower animals (thus easier to collect). Other option might be sort of seasons, reset it twice a year and let everyone start from the beginning each 6 months. And previous season results should not affect the current season (nor gained coins).

# 10

por

Kamikaze Justice

hace 4 años

I think I started something here... but, I always seem to start something;) Maybe, FF doesn't need to go through the trouble of creating a "historical" leaderboard... just make the Quests more difficult so that their's a higher chance of leaders failing... and us lesser "heroes" can have a chance to catch them through our own merit. I hate to bring up Hummm's name because I don't want him to think I'm picking on him, but he is able to keep 5 or 6 of his own "heroes" at, or near, the top of the leaderboard, which shows just how easy the Quests are.

Publicación 1–10 de 69

1 2 35 6 7 » Siguiente