DEV: bugs, annoyances

in English in Forum

Post 11–20 di 63

Prec. « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Succ.

# 11

di

obi-

3 anni fa

Makes sense, I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me I need to log in to queue it :)

# 12

di

Angelio

3 anni fa

Ok now i see (didn't know that :P), thanks !

# 13

di

ColtsWalker

3 anni fa

The pet snack "cool down" suggestion I support. Players click many times on the pet snack and thus nullify all of the creatures in a small area rather than selecting just one as a pet and killing the other(s) for the kill credit. It just takes a single player abusing the pet snack, which is often accidental as a pronounced design flaw makes it too easy to occur, thus rendering all of the "bunnies," as an example, useless to all other players in the hunt. The "cool down" is perhaps one of a handful of resolutions to help mitigate the problem. I have some other ideas that might also address the issue. However, I do understand that although I agree with Hummm completely in this issue should be addressed, it is outside of the scope of your (the OP aka Firefly) request for the thread since it is not a new flaw introduced by the last update. I think that most of the posting activity here subsequent your request is outside of the scope of the subject which might suggest that some of these "old issues" are significant sore spots for players.

# 14

di

Firefly

3 anni fa

This thread is for all bugs and annoyances up to and including Angeldust v3.10. Anything is fair game really, but I can't promise to fix everything. About one day left before I wrap it up.

# 15

di

ColtsWalker

3 anni fa

oh ok! The 'E' key issue still needs a more responsive resolution. Weedlers dropping coins underground is fine if the sorc can still pull them in, which she can't. Feels like a bug all around. Pet Snack Spamming is a major annoyance, although this and the E key issue for mounts are not necessarily bugs, just design flaws. The update is great, and people seem to really be enjoying the ability to sit! GG FF !!

# 16

di

ColtsWalker

3 anni fa

E Key to mount a ride-able game creature -> Pressing the E key should only mount the existing already saddled game creature. To select a new game creature to mount, the player should either have to use the web site drop down interface or, while in game, actively select the actual "saddle" from inventory and then press E. If the saddle from inventory is NOT active the E should only mount the already selected creature. This is an excellent solution. Active Saddle Required to Select New Mount. Although we can now currently use the web site to restore the lost mount, it still provides extreme frustration when the quest creature is accidentally mounted (for right handed players the W and E keys are very close together) and other times when an annoying creature wanders into your path when you press E to get back on your dragon. Now your own dragon is trying to kill you because it is no longer your active mount, and you have a stupid moa standing there wanting to go for a ride!

# 17

di

ColtsWalker

3 anni fa

Bug - falling through recently placed block. Suggested solution - trust the client momentarily about the existence of a block while waiting for server response. Result - stepping onto a newly placed block does not cause player to "fall though" the block.

# 18

di

ColtsWalker

3 anni fa

Final Major SUPER SUPER MAJOR Annoyance - Losing my mount aka dragon during the hunt. I like to hunt and quest. This is something that the builders probably wont care about. I am constantly losing my mount, be it horse or dragon. Even when I go back to the place where I know I left the mount, it has despawned. You mentioned adding a feature whereas the map indicated a marker of where the mount is positioned, but this does not address the problem of the mount despawning. I can often backtrace my own path on the map to where I last had the mount. It despawns rather quickly when hunting alone. I go "back there" and the dragon has vanished! I am like "what the heck?" I don't want to have to disconnect from the game, and reconnect, thus losing my place, having to wait for the telecharger to charge, just to get the dragon back. Suggested Solution: An option to "teleport" the active mount back to the player's current position. Logic: I can teleport directly to a friend. Why can't I teleport my mount directly to my position? Addresses both issues, losing track of the mount and having the mount despawn when out of chunk render range.

# 19

di

ColtsWalker

3 anni fa

Losing my mount ----- probably the biggest annoyance. That one makes me shake my fist at the computer screen :o) I would rate that #1 for me. Being able to teleport my dragon back to me would be a major benefit. Then after that the pet snack spamming and the E key issue tie for second place. The falling through recently placed block thing is trivial. I mentioned it but it doesn't bother me that much. For Hummm I would suspect the pet snack spamming issue and how the current shovel works are the most significant annoyances for him. Does anyone else lose their mount while hunting?

# 20

di

Hummm

3 anni fa

from discord chat: (re dancing) Hummm: it was a nice surprise (no one had any idea dance was coming, FF only previewed sit) but I'll admit, despite being the one that asked for it, I have not and will not spend 250 to dance. It does, otoh, introduce a new concept into AD that has never existed before, and that's the idea of a real economy. (a way to spend money beyond buying everything) Obi: hummm, have you ever bought dance? Hummm: no [edit for thread] ya, I'd pay several thousand, even 100k, if it was free to use b/c then it becomes a status symbol

Post 11–20 di 63

Prec. « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Succ.