RFC: NPC auto-spawn

in English in Forum

Post 11–20 di 118

Prec. « 1 2 3 410 11 12 » Succ.

# 11

di

Ruan4K

3 anni fa

Whoops :P Well, u got my double YES Mr FF ;)

# 12

di

Hummm

3 anni fa

as I read it, FF's change won't prevent NPC spawn spam ... but I might be reading it wrong.

# 13

di

YokoOnoOkami

3 anni fa

Eu amei a ideia! Estava comentando justamente isso com Leyenda, que você poderia colocá-los permanentemente no jogo, acho muito frustrante eles sumirem depois de um determinado tempo, amei a ideia e vou amar se der certo! É oque faltava para os NPC’s. ❤️✨ se der para excluí-los caso coloquemos no lugar errado seria ótimo. 👏🏻

# 14

di

Leyenda

3 anni fa

Then it is not necessary to place a photon button, if they only activate with only the summoning stickers I think it's great. I was thinking that you should do the same with the creatures as well so that they are there when we look at it like this it will be a thousand times better

# 15

di

Leyenda

3 anni fa

And speaking of the creatures, wouldn't it be great if they acted like the npcs instead of always being there?

# 16

di

Firefly

3 anni fa

@Ruan4K: thanks for the triple spam, shame on you! :D @Hummm: it prevents NPC spam because you can't (don't have to) press buttons multiple times anymore. You place the photon imitator and the NPC just always *is* there, without duplication. @YokoOno: while building and placing NPCs you can "remove" them by just adding lots of 'em. Only the 4 most recent NPCs survive. Or you can use the "photon faucet" block below ground to remove them. @Leyenda: for now I only want to make NPCs auto-spawn. Changing creatures is a bit harder and it would really mess with existing builds and expectations. @obi-, all: just brainstorming… Maybe I *can* add a toggle for disabling auto-spawn. You would start the NPC name with '#' (like the holo scroll quick message thing) and the game wouldn't auto-spawn that NPC. The # would be hidden as well. Does that sound good? Also, paging @Rob12: can you chime in with a short comment on this change? Last I've heard you added lots of NPCs to your builds and i don't want to upset you without you knowing about it! (No more KJs for me.)

# 17

di

obi-

3 anni fa

> You would start the NPC name with '#' (like the holo scroll quick message thing) and the game wouldn't auto-spawn that NPC. The # would be hidden as well. Does that sound good? Yeah that sounds great. Would be sick. -- Question: Would imitator creatures also auto-spawn on load? Or just the NPCs? Would be nice to see people add random animals around (like I did with the ravens in the Streaming city, without having a conduit mess in the sky) Maybe it could be controlled by adding a # before the ID in the first prompt the imitator gives you, so you'd have a choice to spawn the creature or not. (I don't actually expect this to be added, just asking.)

# 18

di

Angelio

3 anni fa

Be able to have NPCs auto spawning and adding the option to prevent the NPCs you place from auto spawnning by just adding a # at the NPC's name is GREAT !! You have my complete support !!

# 19

di

Rob12

3 anni fa

Do it, but I probably wont be happy with MY OWN NPC's now, as most of them wouldn't need the wiring anymore and could now be tidied up a bit. Others I would have to redo the characters to add a # to their names. I can't be bothered doing it now, so whenever.

# 20

di

obi-

3 anni fa

Maybe it should be the other way around: #name to auto-spawn, no # to not auto-spawn.

Post 11–20 di 118

Prec. « 1 2 3 410 11 12 » Succ.