Thank you Fire Fly.

in English in Forums

Bericht 1–10 van 11

1 2 » Volgende

OP

door

Lfod

7 jaren geleden

1. Thank you for letting me play your game for free. (I would of given a dollar or two and I am very cheap!) 2. Thank you for no advertising. ( If you ever decide to use advertising please keep it to optional videos for in game currency.) 3. Thank you for allowing me to experience the game with no In App Purchases. ( I don't hate In App Purchases but I can list many examples of how ridiculous and unfair they can be. I would gladly throw you a few bucks in Iaps but no way I am spending enough to buy you a car.) 4. Thank you for responding to your community. I've seen you reply to post on the forums a few times I've visited and it's a thing I personally appreciate in developers. I have had great experiences. I enjoy the graphics. I like the creature variety. I enjoy the building and hunting. I was surprised at how fast I found friends to hunt with. They also have joined up to build a nice city that I may claim land near in the future but not a priority. I'm not a suggestion type guy. I'd like to see more but am satisfied with its current state. The land generated is beautiful and I'm easily immersed into the environment. The only suggestion I could make is please don't ruin your game with over the top advertising and in app purchases. (Although I can respect it in mild unobtrusive forms.)

# 2

door

Lfod

7 jaren geleden

Also now that I've kissed up a little, if you ever in need of moderators in your game I wouldn't mind being considered.

# 3

door

Lfod

7 jaren geleden

Oh wait I do have a suggestion. Events or holidays that we can participate in and you have to play in the event to acquire a special holiday block. It can be repeated.

# 4

door

Lfod

7 jaren geleden

Example of a holiday is maybe during a holiday like Valentine's day you have to kill a Valentine's themed creature that spawns only on that day and gives you a Valentine's themed block. This encourages people to stay active for years and also rewards the players who started before your game blew up.

# 5

door

Firefly

7 jaren geleden

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you like the fact that I want to offer a clean product experience without ads / IAPs / microtransactions. As for your suggestions: good ideas, but I'd rather spend my development time on features that are useful all year round than doing special events. Right now, there's lots of stuff I want to improve that benefits all players all year round instead of just being used on a single day. Once the game is more finished, I'll see if I can do transient content, but for now I'll focus on adding core things.

# 6

door

Aoi Blue

7 jaren geleden

If any in-app purchases where to be added, I'd recommmend two policies: 1. No in-app purchases that give anything that cannot be gotten in the world. 2. No in-app purchases that give anything that is difficult to get. (i.e. anything that cannot be bought with coins) 3. No "pay to win" class in-app purchases. Personally, the only in-app-purchase I would recommend is a "starter kit" which starts the player off as level 5 (not a really big advantage) and gives them the first 5 levels worth of coins. If bought later they get that many coins. It should only be allowed to be bought once, and should be reasonably priced.

# 7

door

Lfod

7 jaren geleden

Well the post was more to show appreciation then anything. Also to remind others how rare it is for some one to develop a game without trying to drain your wallet just to play. It's so rare that I found myself wondering how you can develop this game without any monetary user or advertising support. I guess it will remain a mystery. I'll definitely be looking forward to see the direction you take the game and any new features you choose to develop. I can respect your more focused on the core game experience itself. Holiday events isn't anything new in MMO gaming world just something that came to mind when I thought of a few games I played that share some similarities. I couldn't even fathom the difficulty level of prepping events like that with zero gaming development experience. Although I do hope you get to that point you feel comfortable with the core game that you could sprinkle on something like holiday events. I can't see behind the scenes but I'll just say I feel the core of the game was very polished and complete to me. Hunting and Building are great core mechanics. Anything like economy and trading would just invite scamming and I have seen just how bad it can get in a few other games I play. Very sad honestly.

# 8

door

Aoi Blue

7 jaren geleden

Many open source game are developed without monetary support. However, most of them rely on player servers and such for multiplayer.

# 9

door

Lfod

7 jaren geleden

Well mostly I just come from the Google Play background. There is only a hand full of free games (3) with no adds or Iaps I have ever come across, nothing as well delivered as this. I wouldn't even buy those games at the price of free. Now I just assumed that advertising and in app purchases was a necessary evil to survive. This game is open source?

# 10

door

Mercy Parker

7 jaren geleden

Definitely, I play on PC and I almost sometimes forget this game is free. Usually free games don't have much replay-ability for me, but I always have things to do and look forward to and see more and more new players.

Bericht 1–10 van 11

1 2 » Volgende