Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Armor concept

in English in Forums

Bericht 1–8 van 8

OP

door

Angelio

3 jaren geleden

I know a lot of players have been asked for more armor types in the game, hopefully me bringing this up won't be too annoying. Why do I still want to talk about it? I think that different armor / clothing appearance (besides the custom colors) is an element that would help grab attention if shown in a future Angeldust trailer. I would have liked to do the full model myself, but unfortunately all I can do is concept art. This is what I did for "legendary" armor (the type of armor you in the AD endgame). Link: http://imgur.com/a/zPp6upM I drew every hero with an existing badge as their helmet: (from left to right) -Sorceress: Pioneer -Scout: Lottery Winner -Builder: Wonder Builder -Fighter: Developer I've also been thinking about midgame armor to act as an in between for normal and legendary armor. Tell me what you think! If I get a good response I might draw some other stuff (perhaps even a pirate ;) ).

# 2

door

Rabotik

3 jaren geleden

Cool stuff! I like the poses.

# 3

door

Firefly

3 jaren geleden

Looking sharp Angelio, great drawing skills too. I like the badge-as-a-hat concept, pretty creative! Adding new models is going to take tons of work, but it seems like a recurring request. I'll think on it some more.

# 4

door

Firefly

3 jaren geleden

One thing to note is that your individual hero silhouettes kind of blend into one shape at a distance. The current heroes have more unique silhouettes, especially evident in the 'Cartoon' visual style where we have the weapons and items stick out. In practice heroes kind of fulfill similar roles depending on context (build or battle), but still it's nice to be able to easily discern the different heroes played by everyone.

# 5

door

Angelio

3 jaren geleden

You have a point indeed. Here is what I intend to do, I will continue to draw all the other midgame armors considering that it will be what it would look like in "3D" style. When I have finished drawing them, I will try to think about how it would look in "Cartoon" style.

# 6

door

Firefly

3 jaren geleden

Not sure if a disclaimer or expectation management is warranted, but be advised: I'm not endorsing your designs or currently promising I'll do more with them than look at them and write feedback. I liked your hero drawings and was looking to give tips on improving it form a game design point of view.

# 7

door

Angelio

3 jaren geleden

I've finished drawing the concept idea of mid-game Angeldust armors. Of course it's for fun and also in case, who knows. Enjoy : http://imgur.com/a/404B5lu

# 8

door

Firefly

3 jaren geleden

Cool stuff and nice drawing style. It's good to keep the inspiration flowing! Your style is definitely more refined as well—I think the subtle colors and shading work great to make your characters stand out.

Bericht 1–8 van 8