RFC: NPC auto-spawn

in English in Forums

Bericht 41–50 van 118

Vorige « 1 2 3 4 5 6 710 11 12 » Volgende

# 41

door

Firefly

3 jaren geleden

A new challenger appears, how about the vertical pipe | as the string splitter? It's pretty clear visually and not really used in regular text.

# 42

door

Firefly

3 jaren geleden

Been playing with the multiple choice messages: it's pretty cool. The pipe '|' works nicely as a choice separator. A trick you can pull off is to insert empty choices. This way the NPC is sometimes quiet since it picked an empty choice :P

# 43

door

obi-

3 jaren geleden

A few more days of this and you won't need any players in the game, it will be just NPCs

# 44

door

Angelio

3 jaren geleden

Looking forward to see it, definitely getting more and more amazing with the ideas. Might be the occasion to place an NPC at our main house if those ideas get released. ;)

# 45

door

Hummm

3 jaren geleden

yes, I'd concur that vertical pipe | is a excellent delimiter choice. (without the need for escaping... which is still a good idea imho) @Obi, I was thinking the same idea, but a slightly different angle... FF is turning us all into mini game creators/developers.

# 46

door

Firefly

3 jaren geleden

I'm pretty much on track to install the (supposedly) temporary version tomorrow. So far, it features: – NPC persistence – # NPC name prefix to disable persistence – ongoing chatting while idling near a player – multiple chat choices using the pipe | character I'll try to cram in the [player name] placeholder functionality tomorrow. I'll also need to make it so you can have quick messages as string choices, like: Good day!|#1|Hello! Where the #1 will be parsed as the localized 'Hello!' quick message. I feel it's important to make that work for consistency. You'll also be able to mix messages with and without placeholders, like this: Hello there!|#1|Good day, [traveler]!|Hi [there]! The | pipe character feels pretty good as a separator since it's oftentimes the 'logical OR' operator in a programming language. In Angeldust it semantically connects by making the NPC say one line OR another line. Also @obi- and @Hummm: if only I were so lucky :P

# 47

door

obi-

3 jaren geleden

Oh sick, you're actually doing it. Awesome! Time for stream 0x7 to explain it to the Frenchman (:

# 48

door

Angelio

3 jaren geleden

Ya talking to me ?

# 49

door

Rob12

3 jaren geleden

I don't know about the Frenchman, but this Aussie got lost after: Good day!|#1|Hello! I think these NPC's need their own hand book. Seriously though, I'm only just managing to keep up with all of these programming choices, it's doing my head in. In the line: Good day! |#1| Hello! what would the output message be? Is it Good day! or Hello! ? or what?

# 50

door

Rob12

3 jaren geleden

@ Obi Post 43, don't laugh, I know another similar game that exact thing happened to. I tried to warn but oh well. Then I just went with the flow.

Bericht 41–50 van 118

Vorige « 1 2 3 4 5 6 710 11 12 » Volgende