RFC: New player experience

in English in Forums

Post 11–20 of 66

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Next

# 11

by

Cristoo 175

2 years ago

for example valentine season: affectionate bear https://angeldu.st/static/colorizer/?00048238048084208208

# 12

by

Cristoo 175

2 years ago

and you make, like that bear, more rewards depending on the season ..!

# 13

by

Leyenda

2 years ago

If you want, you can take a look at famous games with events and things like that to get ideas, well, what I like the most about a game is a lot of decoration, detail, rewards, unique special rewards, prizes for a certain player, qualifiers that give prizes with each rank that goes up, events, seasons such as children's day, easter day also events like this, decoration in the environment and in the game, especially in the village where the game started, oh and one thing that I remembered that I know . You will like this idea is in all games always in 24 hours they give you a box that if you open it they give you gold or temporary improvements or etc. why not add that to the game angeldust every 24h or 12h a chest appears just for your power to open it or to be more curious when it is time to open the chest first give a clue to find it and thus be able to open it we go like a type of a map of treasure

# 14

by

Firefly

2 years ago

Over the course of a day my interaction with those Thai and Indonesian players has still been very limited, as in: close to zero. I don't know how many are using the translation feature on the front page, but there have been no posts to either translated forum topic. This leads me to believe that the problem is indeed in the link from the game to the website. Meaning that players do play the game, understand how things work, but have no idea what the English tips and text are actually telling them. It's a wonder they know how to navigate, play together and use the shop, but they come to a hard stop when needing to further explore the game. I'm focusing on fixing this both as soon and as well as I can :D Maybe I'll also allow Thai characters in player names soon, since a lot of 1-star reviews indicate these players "can't apply" which I think is a machine translation for registering an account.

# 15

by

Rob12

2 years ago

I have another honest opinion. That Firefly, you are right about the need for translation of more languages etc, but I also think that Leyenda and cristoo175 have a point about the rewards side of things too. Every other similar game that I have played, have the 24hr gift box and much more. Then there are also achievements on Steam and trading cards as well.

# 16

by

Firefly

2 years ago

I think those are valid ideas for giving players their daily dopamine in the long run. My first goal is to get these foreign players to actually play and care about the game in the short term. I'm pretty sure there's enough dopamine to be had in the first hour(s) of playing if you understand the game a bit.

# 17

by

Firefly

2 years ago

In the category "can't unsee": there is a typo in the subtitle for the sorceress phrase "Spirits, guide my power!". It reads "Sprits". Which coincidentally is a delicious Dutch cookie.

# 18

by

fatih+

2 years ago

Mybe the sorceress relly want some delicious Dutch coockie we will naver nkow :))

# 19

by

Firefly

2 years ago

The website now has a dedicated translation and forum for Indonesian and Thai. It's done by a machine so not exactly perfect. Let me know where I can improve it. I can even send over source files if you want to proofread and mass-fix. Indonesian: https://angeldu.st/id/ Thai: https://angeldu.st/th/ I've also enabled Thai letters and numbers for player names.

# 20

by

Firefly

2 years ago

I'm also testing out a new Angeldust v3.17 for Android on the Google Play Store and Itch.io. This version contains an in-game Indonesian and Thai language. Let's see what happens :D

Post 11–20 of 66

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Next