Getting NPCs to Walk Up Short Steps

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 14

1 2 » Next

OP

by

Kamikaze Justice

11 months ago

I've tried a few times without success... but, how do I get my NPC to walk up some steps that are only one block high, and then stop after a couple of steps, and still use the same construction blocks on top?

# 2

by

Firefly

11 months ago

A drawing would help understand your request, but it's probably impossible given the constraints. My limited understanding is that you can use a decal (sticker) or a photon block 'behind' the stairs to lure the NPC onto them and then you'd use a decal (sticker) on the higher level to make it stop where you want, but I have no idea how much room you have and what '… still use the same construction blocks on top' means.

# 3

by

Kamikaze Justice

11 months ago

Thanks, for the reply. Here's a picture of the area, and the NPCs with nowhere to go. https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipPbd5S7oC2v7kp2IYNb8a_qJYE2HcbCsH66dNPC I'll probably need to send these NPCs on a different route. Going up steps (only 1 block) is the only problem I've come across.

# 4

by

Loki The Witful

11 months ago

Hey if you need any help I made a small demo of the NPC doing one step up at my world location. And other demo of NPC’s going up stairs. Hope this helps.

# 5

by

Kamikaze Justice

11 months ago

Instead of saying,"still use the same construction blocks on top", maybe I should have said,"keep the same appearance".

# 6

by

Kamikaze Justice

11 months ago

Thank you, Loki. I'm sure I'd learn something. The only problem I have, in getting my NPCs to go up the stairs, is if the steps are only one block high, and trying to keep the appearance. I can get the NPCs to go up the steps that are only 1 block high, but the appearance would look like garbage. It'll just be easier if I sent my NPCs in a different direction.

# 7

by

Loki The Witful

11 months ago

Sorry I do not know how it look, when I try the link it gives me a error code and say it does not work. If you need them to go up stairs I have made a way so it does not mess up how it looks using the transparent sticker.

# 8

by

Kamikaze Justice

11 months ago

I replaced the brick block with the transparent sticker, but the brick block appearance is gone. Sorry, about the picture not working.

# 9

by

obi-

11 months ago

basic npc stuff, here's a quick ms paint drawing to help you: https://imgur.com/a/ukOhUs5 doesn't affect appearance in any way, you just need an extra layer under the floor for npc routing. works for any amount of stairs Also: use an image hosting service like imgur (if you want people to actually look at your pictures), instead of google stuff that requires people to sign in with their google account to look at the image. as the owner, you can probably see everyone's email that decided to look at the image - dox

# 10

by

Loki The Witful

11 months ago

Thanks obi I was about to make a diagram to show how to do it lol.

Post 1–10 of 14

1 2 » Next