Addition to the Map ?

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 12

1 2 » Next

OP

by

ritpop

2 months ago

Maybe this is a stupid post and this is in the game already some how. "Visited" and "new", what if we had a "Yours" or "claimed"? I think heres a good place too for a suggestion that i made in the live a few weeks back, the stackble claim land in the shop.

# 2

by

sl_pro

2 months ago

Mmm

# 3

by

Loki The Witful

2 months ago

Firefly actually thought of this and even looked into adding it but if I remember right there was a limit on how far you could see your claim / other people’s claims, and I think there was another issue I can’t remember.

# 4

by

obi-

2 months ago

you can only see the real info (blocks, claim owner etc etc) of your neighbouring 8 claims, the other claims would just be whatever was last loaded. so if someone claimed something and built there, and you haven't loaded in that claim, the map would of course show an empty unclaimed claim without any blocks (even tho there are player placed blocks there), which is exactly the same as it is now, but ofc without the claimed/not claimed part cuz thats not a feature yet.

# 5

by

ritpop

2 months ago

but then the real info get in the cache right? just like the visit

# 6

by

obi-

2 months ago

there's no cache, it would just use the .chunk files we already have, open one and you'll see it contains the claim owner if you restart the game, it wouldn't get deleted, same as blocks on the map don't get deleted when you relog

# 7

by

Hummm

2 months ago

technically, .chunk files are a form of cache.

# 8

by

Firefly

2 months ago

@ritpop and @Hummm are right: technically this could use the data available on the client. It might not be perfect, but it could be a nice feature for active builders to see what their claims look like. I've added it to my list for consideration.

# 9

by

Hummm

2 months ago

This kind of ties into a feature obi has been asking for: Obi wants a command to pre-load chunks beyond the 8 surrounding claims, so that, for example, if he TPs to a Wonder, the World would already be synced to the client. Perhaps, the command/UI clunkiness could be solved with a button on the map that begins syncing the visible square of claims/chunks displayed on the map (and terminates early if you close it or change zoom levels) Buyer beware of clicking sync while a 512x512 map is displayed!

# 10

by

obi-

2 months ago

thats a beautiful way to do it hummm, i love the idea one problem: if only the map button is added, a new player won't know about it, and will therefore still see empty wonders

Post 1–10 of 12

1 2 » Next