Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Sanctuaries/Dungeons

in English in Forums

Post 1–6 of 6

OP

by

CatWithHoody

5 days ago

I have two questions about them. 1- When does the timer start? Is it when you first see/spawn the priestest or is it when the dungeon spawns? Also could be when you start climbing or get inside. I'm very curious about this as I'm trying to better my speedrun. 2- Does choosing Crimson or Violet change anything? Do they give me any stats in helping surviving or killing enemies better? If so I'm guessing Crimson is for DMG increase and Violet for HP increase? Searched around youtube couldn't find anything really there isn't any wiki that can help out either.

# 2

by

Hummm

4 days ago

The community on Discord has your answers. 1) The timer starts when you step on the photon injector inside the 3 one-way traps (which opens the first gate to the first puzzle (and stops when you choose Crimson or Violet) 2) Your guess is correct, Crimson levels increase DPS, Vilolet levels increase HP

# 3

by

Firefly

4 days ago

I don't know as much about the game as @Hummm, but here are my totally identical answers: 1.) The timer starts when you step on the photon (star) block that is in the alcove at the top of the dungeon. It's got steps leading up to it and it is right next to the big, white lock that opens up to the first puzzle. It also disappears once you press it. So up until you press it you have all the time in the world to prepare for your run. 2.) You have 80% covered with your guess, but I think nobody has figured out the remaining 20% of the Crimson/Violet powers yet. In general, the elephant in the room is that getting a good speedrun times involves luck. You want a certain combination of puzzles that you can run quickly. Some puzzles take up too much time. I'd say your current, sub-two minute run is already very impressive!

# 4

by

CatWithHoody

4 days ago

Thanks @Hummm and @FireFly. I've been stressing about rushing all the way to the top and those 3 one way star doors been very painful to pass through not gonna lie. Also I'm guessing Violet increases healing power for mage and sentry DMG for Builder as well? At least my sentries have been dealing more damage then usual since I mostly pick Violet. I also noticed some of them take slightly more time then others which is fine as long as you memorize the layout I believe I will drop my speedrun timer to around 1.30 or 1.40 soonish if I get lucky with the dungeon layout. Also is the Crimson DMG increase very little? After taking it twice i did not notice any change at all that's why I've been taking only violet.

# 5

by

CatWithHoody

4 days ago

Ah also forgot to add. Discord got banned in my country just couple days ago so I can't access it unless I use VPN which I don't have one on my PC. Also also I couldn't find the link for discord anywhere so I kinda just gave up.

# 6

by

Hummm

4 days ago

@CatWithHoody The link for Discord is literally on EVERY page of this server... click on the Discord logo in the top right @FF pretty sure I understand 100% of crim/violet for sorc, but I almost never play any other hero (and have found zero reason to), thus I know nothing for any other.

Post 1–6 of 6