Coruppted File Game

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 11

1 2 » Next

OP

by

i_Muz

6 years ago

Im new player here , but i cant instaling some file cause coruppted , i downloading from windows mirror download i try to ignored it but i cant play please fix the mirror please

# 2

by

space is green

6 years ago

The file works fine for me :/. If you have a steam account you can install through steam.

# 3

by

Kamikaze Justice

6 years ago

Not to take away from i_Muz' concerns... I have to start my version of the game by opening it through the Mac App Store. An error message pops up when I try to open it normally from the desktop icon... giving me a "Steam-error" message. I'm using a MacBook Pro laptop w/ 2.6 GHz Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB Card, and 16 GB of RAM, using Mac OS 10.12.1. Also, Unfortunately, my game won't start without Steam, even though I have a very limited account and have never paid to play their games. Steam is like a cancer that I don't want, but if I get rid of the Steam app, I might not be able to log on to Angeldust. There is probably someone else with this same problem.

# 4

by

Gerberd

6 years ago

Just for the record or whatever Steam is not a cancer. They aren't 'trying to sell' you anything; they have the games you want. If you don't want any games now don't buy any. When you do want a game check to see if it's on Steam because you don't need to go to the store, they keep the purchase record and CD-key so 20 years from now you can re-install the game to your new computer and you don't need the CD case with the key on it. Also there's no disk to get lost or scratched. Steam is awesome. It just sits there and does nothing, updates itself once in a while when you start it, takes like 3 minuets. It's a benign program and when you want to use it, it's there. I'm jumping down a rabbit hole, but I have to ask; how is Steam a cancer?

# 5

by

Fierro

6 years ago

I agree with Gerberd. Steam is great. But PC gaming can be hard some times: driver's problems, OS'es problems, virus, failing hardware, unmet requirements, and more. Try a clean install. Try testing with other machine if you can. Try updating your drivers. And so on. I'm using Ubuntu Linux with Steam and Angeldust works well for me.

# 6

by

Kamikaze Justice

6 years ago

"It's a benign program and when you want to use it, it's there." Steam is there when I don't want to use it, therefore, it's like a cancer. I'd like to play Angeldust without Steam showing it's ugly head... and I'm not starting Angeldust through the Steam site.

# 7

by

Kamikaze Justice

6 years ago

I just deleted Steam, but Angeldust still requires me to open the app through the Mac App Store, just as before. I can't have everything, I guess.

# 8

by

Firefly

6 years ago

There's a standalone download for OS X on Itch.io. Use the 'Linux' link from the support page to get it. For Windows, just use the Windows installer link atop this website. Download it again if you got a corrupted copy – the file itself is 100% working.

# 9

by

AmmeJane

6 years ago

idk

# 10

by

Aoi Blue

6 years ago

Fierro, Linux is by far the best OS out there. I wish more company's would embrace it. It's actually a lot easier to use than Windows, and the fact that you CAN fix things by doing the complicated stuff in the background, doesn't mean it's always the best way. Most professional sysadmins just do a clean install when something goes wrong, just like Windows. In fact most businesses that use Linux actually keep an up to date copy of the fresh install, and just overwrite entire system partition. It's actually quite an old practice, and is commonly used on things like Android for all updates.

Post 1–10 of 11

1 2 » Next