Striped road event

in English in Forums

Post 31–40 of 41

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5 » Next

# 31

by

Firefly

6 years ago

Mid-stream. Cue music. Firefly: "Let's get to the road and get claiming!" Hummm: "K bro." Firefly: "I just claimed the fir…" Hummm: "Firefly, please don't claim the first part." Firefly: "Uhhh…"

# 32

by

space is green

6 years ago

Just posted a screenshot on the Heroes To Spare Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesToSpare/

# 33

by

RoadEventLeader

6 years ago

hahaha funny Firefly!!! really, it was my bad ... I should have pre-claimed a bunch... I forgot to take into account the re-log for build permissions. Hey! we just reached level 100!!! woot!

# 34

by

RoadEventLeader

6 years ago

Gerberd .. come build your C

# 35

by

Hummm

6 years ago

Great event people! ... there were more than I was expecting, but the crowds left when Firefly did... Special thanks to: (and forgive me if I leave any one out) Spectrum II (kept us honest, built the lights, and an amazing solution to that pesky, indestructible purple crystal) Fierro Builder (building madman) AltZenRoad (bringing zen to everyone) WenQIQi (I didn't see you in action, but you were around, guarding us?) Игорь Захаров (Amazing job keeping the builders safe) Commando Cody (Stayed to the VERY End, thanks man) special appearances by Space is green (who actually planted the seed in my head for this event) lessons learned: 1) don't give away the farm (Firefly correctly short-circuited TPing to all 27 areas 2) claim the claims ahead of time (part of the issue here is, I didn't know how to predict how far we would go) 2a) it totally makes sense to have one person claim everything, then give build perms to all (1 to N is way less complicated then N to N) 2b) it will be really sweet when Firefly adds in-game build perms 3) Thanks again Firefly for doing the live stream... it was helpful having you there to move things along at the beginning.

# 36

by

Gerberd

6 years ago

I'm there. I was hoping I wouldn't be this late// Those are some good lessons. Claiming ahead hasn't ever been a problem on the road. If you've claimed ahead and I want to grind build on the road then I just claim where yours stopped and I start there and let you finish building to me. I just need to make sure that I'm building in line. Only trouble I've had is when I claimed 7 or 8 claims ahead and it took a couple days to build the road through. That's the thing, with all this effort we've made it less than 10.25%. We could eventually build it through; it would only be a matter of time; a year or two. I've played games for longer than that. That isn't an issue, the number of alternate accounts I would need is. It's daunting and insurmountable. I don't want to have 20 accounts but how else could I continue, at some point I'd have to stop and I don't like to think about that.

# 37

by

Hummm

6 years ago

I'm curious what you consider 100% ...

# 38

by

Firefly

6 years ago

It was a fun event, did my best to get people involved. The stream was rather 'different' than usual, but I hope everyone enjoyed it. For these types of gatherings, it's clear that having an in-game build permissions UI is essential. It'll be the first thing coming in the next update, along with some additional changes. Major thanks and props to Hummm for taking the initiative and doing lots of preparations. I was thoroughly impressed by the initial farming phase—having quick access to many biomes from just a few telecharging locations.

# 39

by

Fierro Builder

6 years ago

It was different and it was fun. It brings back coop building. I like it. BTW, today I extend it a litle more :) I'm think 100% would be reach 512 level. Then keep going always strait to west until reach the village again (level 1). Closing the circle. That would be crazy. But it would take a loooot of time.

# 40

by

Fierro Builder

6 years ago

Today I extended the road. I added a detour (at level 102) that connects with the old (very old) elevated road. I had walked the elevated path before. That road it's not in good shape now, but there are some nice spots over there. I thought it would be nice to connect both projects :)

Post 31–40 of 41

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5 » Next