Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Playing AD on Low End PC/Laptop!

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 10

OP

by

KilldraDryll

5 years ago

Hello guys,I just wanted to let you know that you can play this game on realy realy Low End PC/Laptop,so my specifications are: Graphic Card:Intel 965 Chipset Family with 256 MB. RAM:4 gb Processor:Intel Core Duo 1.83ghz I have opened Discord and Windows Media Player,and game dont lag or droping FPS. My parents buy me this Laptop for games from 2000 or earlier,because I am retro gamer,so I am realy glad that I can play this game too!Hope in if you are not already,and lets have fun!Anyway,you can play this game in Pixelated version which reminds me of games from Playstation 1. :D -P.S. That bunny on Angeldust's Logo looks cute.I want him for pet. :P

# 2

by

CAPTWINDOWShobos

5 years ago

And just a fyi I have been playing this game sideloaded on an Amazon fire tv 2nd gen using a cheap controller trying to find my cheap genetic Android tv box to try it on that

# 3

by

KilldraDryll

5 years ago

Hahahaha thats awesome! O.O

# 4

by

Moniq

5 years ago

And on my box I had to set lowest details (specially distance). Anyone else playing on linux+Steam? Is there an official download for standalone linux client without steam?

# 5

by

Hummm

5 years ago

click on Support tab, then on the "Linux" link, should take you here: https://metagaming.itch.io/angeldust

# 6

by

Aoi Blue

5 years ago

The 945 isn't particularly good for even many classic games these days. It's amazing that this will run on it. I know that even Half Life (classic) won't run full quality on it. It only supports SM2, not SM3, and it has limited texture size. However, I suspect this game would even run halfway decent on software rendering if you get a good enough software rendering system. (Mesa LLVMPipe would probably work nicely. It runs circles around most other SoftGL drivers because it's got good threading support.)

# 7

by

Firefly

5 years ago

I developed Angeldust on an Intel GMA950. I've got a big improvement planned that would almost double/triple the performance in the future, but for now the game runs pretty well mostly everywhere already! :)

# 8

by

Moniq

5 years ago

*mumbles* Ah, here it was. Thanks for the link Hummm!

# 9

by

Moniq

5 years ago

Ok, it is a bit better with client alone (without crappy steam), seems I will be able to play with nearby/medium distance.

# 10

by

Hummm

5 years ago

I can run 8 simultaneous instances of AD on my Linux laptop ... Dell Precision m6700 running xfce4 on Arch Linux... with that many, switching toons, is sometimes problematic ;) So I wouldn't try hunting in that mode, but it's very useful for mass roadsterX invites/permission granting.

Post 1–10 of 10