by

Alexi M

5 years ago

so I bad perceive English*

# 13

by

Firefly

5 years ago

Uhhh. Are we referring to the same standalone version? I mean the one on Itch.io, not the one here on the website. That one lacks everything to keep it small. Also, @space and @obi: no notable difference in performance when placing or removing blocks? Not even in places like Neferspi?

# 14

by

obi-

5 years ago

Just tried it with the itch io version, the beta version works better for sure. The block delay is better aswell.

# 15

by

obi-

5 years ago

But that may jsut be me switching from the steam version to the itch.io version...

# 16

by

Firefly

5 years ago

The Steam and Itch.io version are 100% identical. The new 64-bit Windows beta should be faster (can't really say by how much) because it can use newer CPU features and more data registers for assembly code generation. This is most notable in the frame rate (which might already be high) and the block placing/removing delay. It should also have more (3+ GiB) addressable memory so 'ultra' detail can not exhaust the memory tables as quickly. More testing and reports would be appreciated. @space: can you test a bit more and see if you notice a performance difference between the regular and 64-bit version?

# 17

by

Firefly

5 years ago

Last call: please test and report! If no more reports come in I will roll out the 64-bit version as is for Angeldust v2.23 and future releases.

Post 11–17 of 17

Previous « 1 2