by

p400ooL

7 years ago

Ясно... Не, такого небыло у меня...

# 12

by

Firefly

7 years ago

So anyway – Skyline, thanks for the bug report, I think the next version of Angeldust will be absolutely rock solid thanks to the additional testing I did.

# 13

by

Aoi Blue

7 years ago

Yeah, got to watch those double closes. They are a problem. BTW, what language is this game written in? Just curious. I recommend on the android port to use the Android Runtime whenever possible. Most languages can be compiled to android runtime bytecode. (There are projects out there to even compile C/C++ to it, or more accurate CLang and CLang++, since Android Runtime is an intermediary level bytecode interpreter.) This allows you to take advantage of the memory management functions of Android which can be very useful.

# 14

by

Aoi Blue

7 years ago

Oh as a note, I should probably explain what a double close is to the less technically able people. Sometimes a program will attempt to close a file or other item handled by the Virtual file-system driver. In Unix-like platforms like Android and Linux (which Android is derived from) This pretty much includes everything. This is most commonly due to a "race condition", where two routines are triggered before either is actually run and both access the same item (causing one to fail or malfunction.) This is particularly common in multi-threaded code, as many of the checks you can add might not function if both routines are running simultaneously.

# 15

by

Skyline

7 years ago

The crash has gone but my screen still freezes and it does it when I have found a new creature and if some one telaports to me. It's done this before but now it's gotten worse.

# 16

by

Skyline

7 years ago

The crash is gone UT the screen freezes sometimes when I discover something new of some one tellaport of me.

# 17

by

Skyline

7 years ago

No problem fire fly I hope you can fix this bug. It's a good thing ai have beta testing expierence.

# 18

by

Aoi Blue

7 years ago

I don't think the fix was released yet. However looking at the settings of which ones could increase or decrease this type of bug. Try toggling v-sync, and reducing view distance. I'm not sure of the exact bug, but just knowing the type of things that cause double close bugs, and what can cause and prevent them, v-sync in particular is mostly like to either increase or decrease the likelyhood of it triggering, depending where exactly it is. You can also try turning down the detail settings and turning off high-dpi mode. These can reduce the length of certain functions and reduce the chance of the bug spawning. You also could just try to use the desktop version instead, but that ruins a whole convenience issue. I wonder if it would be possible for a webgl/asm.js (i.e. HTML5) port of this game to be made.. However the game was ported to run on both GL and GL-ES2+, so it might be possible. I believe SDL now has a backend set for WebGL/asm.js provided that the devs can find a compiler setup that will build for it.

# 19

by

Firefly

7 years ago

Skyline – fix will be out today in Angeldust v2.11. There's really no settings you can tweak to prevent the bug from triggering if your operating system immediately reuses file descriptors. Aoi Blue – thanks for explaining the core of the problem to everyone. Angeldust is written in plain C++ using the NDK on Android. WebGL/asm.js might be coming in the future, but I'm focusing on native apps first.

# 20

by

Firefly

7 years ago

Angeldust v2.11 should be released on the Google Play Store now. Skyline – let me know if this fixes the issue for you.

Post 11–20 of 27

Previous « 1 2 3 » Next