make it come to firefly - ideas list and suggestions

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 13

1 2 » Next

OP

by

jonny33gam

4 years ago

Hi, I'm a big fan of this game and would like to give you some suggestions for future updates. I am a programmer and I know what is possible in creating a game development so filtrei ad more impossible ideas. (this text was translated into google translator i'm brazilian) my helpers: autey33, citron polar, jonny33gam, lord of death, 1-The implementation of biomes or aquatic areas with aquatic enemies 2-Stamina Bar (for running and critical attack) 3-A new character like a pirate who would have a weapon with high damage but slow reload could also summon cannons 4-Daily reward every day someone enters would get a block if he already had the block would earn what he is worth in coins 5-Bosses? (after you pass a level you would unlock the boss button and go to an arena and defeat him) 6-On the site we could buy hats and armor types (3000 coins minimum) 7-Water will be more explored in the game 8-The fire will be implemented in the game (having a flaming sword deal damage to the enemy and burn to death as poison) 9-Have events like christmas, hallowen, new year, birthday of the game etc .. 10-Caves? 11-new flags (country flags) 12-Mounts that attack? 13-codes to get gifts 14-Wells (purchased per unit to restore life or to teleport your mounts) 15-New biomes such as caves, flying islands, sea, jungle, mountains, volcano, poison biome with poison lakes what damage 16-More rare samples to find 17-Buyable armor that improves defense 18 The use of the shield 19-Npc Selling Special Items 20-A lobby where everyone can meet 21-Creating a block to store mounts 22-More climates: snowstorm, sandstorm, tornadoes, poison showers 23-Betas Players (Update Tester) 24-Moderators (take care of players check chat ban bad players 25-clans or guilds (groups of players to play together and get to know each other) We created this list with love and care .... I hope firefly sees these suggestions Thank you for your understanding and patience ....

# 2

by

Angelio

4 years ago

Dude, you have summarized almost (with more ideas from you) all the suggestions that all the angeldust players have made since the beginning, personally I am sure that firefly will put everything that is indicated in the list BUT it is mostly a question of time, he cannot do it all in a snap of his fingers, but hey I can't wait to see the response from firefly.

# 3

by

Firefly

4 years ago

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions, I'm sure it took some time to come up with this list. I wasn't going to go through this item by item, and don't expect me to in the future, but here's a quick rundown. It's almost Christmas so here's a small post-present (see 9): > 1-The implementation of biomes or aquatic areas with aquatic enemies Right now it's a bad match. Some players have old devices (like me) and can't see far ahead. Having an "ocean" that has been suggested lots of times isn't fun on an old device. You just see a water plane. I have a very "wish list" plan where you can go underwater, but that's really far out. > 2-Stamina Bar (for running and critical attack) I'm pretty comfortable with the current system. > 3-A new character like a pirate who would have a weapon with high damage but slow reload could also summon cannons Not going to happen anytime soon. Alex makarov made a fun sketch of what a pirate should look like, but it's just not a good fit for the game right now in my opinion. It would also force me to redo the entire game, branding and promotional materials. Unless someone buys my company for $2.5B the pirate will probably not come to the game. Note: I will call this my "2.5BD"—$2.5 billion defense and invoke it a few times. > 4-Daily reward every day someone enters would get a block if he already had the block would earn what he is worth in coins I'm comfortable with the current daily rewards. The daily, sponsored 3K lets you buy the blocks that you want. > 5-Bosses? (after you pass a level you would unlock the boss button and go to an arena and defeat him) Depends on what you call a boss. Right now I'm happy with the two end-bosses we have. Adding unique, one-trick pony bosses that you can raid over and over again for some non-coin reward isn't something that is on my current list of things to add. > 6-On the site we could buy hats and armor types (3000 coins minimum) Nice idea, but too hard for me to pursue in practice right now. Invoking 2.5BD. > 7-Water will be more explored in the game See 1. > 8-The fire will be implemented in the game (having a flaming sword deal damage to the enemy and burn to death as poison) Sounds like something pretty functionally identical to what we already have. I can see slow-dealt damage being a "new" thing, but I'd rather go for something that fits more into the Angeldust lore and be more functionally diverse. > 9-Have events like christmas, hallowen, new year, birthday of the game etc .. Invoking 2.5BD like I did before: as your list proves, I already lack the resources to add 25 wishes to the game. I'd rather focus on major, structural changes that benefit almost all players all the time than work on one-offs that have limited impact the rest of the year. On my livestream I try to be seasonally appropriate, hope that counts for something! > 10-Caves? Very bad for performance on lower end devices. I know I hammer on this a lot, but most players greatly appreciate Angeldust's performance (see the recent hit and run post by Bits360) and I want to keep supplying you with a performant and polished game by default. Maybe a future, second-gen Angeldust can do more tricks with the landscape, but not for now. Also: I have the tech for this, it's a deliberate choice to keep things performant. > 11-new flags (country flags) Not going to happen. I want players to be present in the game world of Angeldust and not be reminded of the real world. I see having detailed, real life flags as an immersion killer. > 12-Mounts that attack? Probably not going to universally happen as I like the current "dragoon"-style of play. But! Someone suggested that maybe the fighter can swing his sword from the mount. And that sounds like a promising avenue. It meshes very well with the melee-style of the fighter and would give him a special, cool new ability. So, I like that idea a lot. A lot. > 13-codes to get gifts I think the lottery already acts as a central source of gifts. And I'd rather have more universally applicable features than one-offs, see 9. Also: last time I gave codes and gifts people abused it for personal gain :) > 14-Wells (purchased per unit to restore life or to teleport your mounts) This'd go against the entire design philosophy of the game. Right now only the "claimable land" item is a single-shot item and I want to keep it that way. I want Angeldust to feel reliable and consistent. Introducing one-shot items goes too far into a micro-management play style that I like to avoid. > 15-New biomes such as caves, flying islands, sea, jungle, mountains, volcano, poison biome with poison lakes what damage I think we have flying islands. I think we have a big, flying island. I think we have jungle. I think we have mountains to the most practical extent possible. I think we have mountains with lava. I think we have biomes with a poisionish theme. We have small seas. For large seas, see 1. Poison lakes: not a direction I want to take the game. Taking this as blocks that deal damage: I don't like the idea. Players should feel moderately safe just being out in the world or teleporting to a build. This has been contested in the past, but I feel like many players appreciate the welcoming nature of Angeldust. > 16-More rare samples to find You haven't even discovered all the in-game areas yet! It also feels like adding more "rare" things kind of defeats the point of them being rare, no? And I think you'll find there are a lot of already rare things in the world. But you probably didn't see them yet! > 17-Buyable armor that improves defense If it's one shot, see: 14. If it's permanent: we already have that. By leveling up your dude you become tougher. There's also a difference between base toughness per hero. > 18 The use of the shield There are two items that function as shields already, I'm not sure if we need more. > 19-Npc Selling Special Items I've seen this come up a lot. Not sure what to make of it. Also, one player's "special item" is another player's "garbage". I'm also invoking 2.5BD here as I'd rather work on items that are useful to everybody (saddle, pet snack) than add one-offs. > 20-A lobby where everyone can meet Uh. Hello? The entire game is one giant lobby where everyone meets! The entire website is a giant lobby where everyone meets! My livestream is a lobby where everyone meets! My house is a lobby where everyone meets! "Play together!" is a lobby where everyone meets! "Hero battle!" is a lobby where everyone meets! The current wonder is a lobby where everyone meets! How many more lobbies do you want :D? > 21-Creating a block to store mounts I don't get this. Do elaborate! My initial reaction is: your mount is always tied to your hero unless you abandon it or get a new one. Not sure why you'd want to put it in a box? Being boxed-in is not fun for your horse! > 22-More climates: snowstorm, sandstorm, tornadoes, poison showers Fun visual effect. For now I'll probably focus on gameplay first. I think we already have some cozy snowstorms, so that's at least 25% of your wish fulfilled. > 23-Betas Players (Update Tester) I trust in my ability to push out a quality product. I think Angeldust is—and always has been—ridiculously solid from a software and product quality perspective. If your suggestion implies a lack of perceived product quality, please elaborate so I can learn from it. > 24-Moderators (take care of players check chat ban bad players As far as I'm concerned I'm replying to most concerns within hours of reporting. I introduced (GM)s to help out new players. As soon as the community needs more time and dedication I'll look for a solution. But right now I don't want to spend time and effort looking for solutions to non-problems. > 25-clans or guilds (groups of players to play together and get to know each other) Suggested recently. Part of my original design for the game. Invoking 2.5BD on this. Wait and see. --- I hope this gives a decent amount of feedback on your ideas. Everyone: feel free to chime in or discuss this. I think my best advice is to like Angeldust for what it is at the moment that you play it and be patient to see where it goes in the future. For those who cannot wait: I'm pretty sure you can find other games (2.5BD) that offer exactly what you want. Just go and have fun with whatever game suits your needs! Addendum: this is not a call for more ideas. Ideas are not the problem :D! And again, don't expect me to reply like this to every single wishlist. I just felt like doing you all a service by writing an elaborate reply here.

# 4

by

Hummm

4 years ago

Very thorough (and appropriate reply) ... my fav is A20

# 5

by

Hummm

4 years ago

oh .. and about that 2.5B ....

# 6

by

obi-

4 years ago

Haha Hummm :)

# 7

by

Firefly

4 years ago

@Hummm: I seem to have missed your e-mail or PM! :P

# 8

by

ivo56

4 years ago

bravo pour les idées

# 9

by

Hummm

4 years ago

Did it get lost in the mail?!?! ... dag, I should have sent it registered. Oh, Air shield .. or even heal while mounted would be cool (perhaps even the white melee wand) ... but I do concede, havoc from above would be way too OP.

# 10

by

jonny33gam

4 years ago

Hello again !!!! I am very happy to have seen my suggestions even though they are not all ....... Thank you for your patience and dedication to the game. Note: I'm your big fan!!!!!

Post 1–10 of 13

1 2 » Next