Wonder permanence

in English in Forums

Post 11–20 of 26

Previous « 1 2 3 » Next

# 11

by

Angelio

3 years ago

Alright, you are totally right, i am sincerely sorry, i have nothing to say about it. I'll close my mouth.

# 12

by

Alexi M

3 years ago

Alright if I or we can't express one's position about it because "FF owns it all", just want to say bye and say good luck to you Hummm with your patient attitude. I hope you will accept and enjoy any the same downgrading idea that FF will bring to the game. The idea of permanence is my permanent answer of NO.

# 13

by

Alexi M

3 years ago

Okay I read comments more attentively, excuse me for my emotional outburst.

# 14

by

obi-

3 years ago

After reading the thread once again, I noticed that Firefly already found a solution and won't do the freeze: > What I'm going to do: patch the server so I can interactively hide wonders from the rotation. I think wonder builders have earned their land and claim border after being promoted to a wonder, but your time in the public spotlight will only last as long as your wonder is wonder-worthy. For some reason didn't notice before... poopy brain. This is a good solution. To not have this happen again, we (wonder builders) should make sure to tell Firefly if we're going to be destroying our current wonders so he can hide them.

# 15

by

obi-

3 years ago

Alex beat me to it :)

# 16

by

Angelio

3 years ago

New suggestion: be able to remove what you post in the forum. :P

# 17

by

Firefly

3 years ago

The server update is ready for roll-out tomorrow morning. Expect the server to very briefly be down. Afterwards Paxanima is hidden and I'll be able to interactively remove wonders that are not wonders anymore. I'll also roll out a small tweak to the networking code which might (but will probably not) make a difference to some 'yellow bar' scenarios.

# 18

by

ColtsWalker

3 years ago

Once it becomes a wonder, freeze it FOREVER. Imagine if the Italians decided to "improve" the Colosseum with modern building style and materials? Or lets just go in to Taj Mahal and replace the white marble with modern plastics! When you freeze the wonder then people can see how things were built with the materials available of the day. If you want to use more modern materials then you will just have to build yourself a new wonder. You builders will appreciate the freedom of being released from the bondage of always feeling like you can "improve" and old work and now you can focus more on the future! Trust me! Creative types are never satisfied with their work. :P Once it becomes a wonder the chunks change ownership to "Wonder-Buildername" is one example of how it could be done.

# 19

by

Leyenda

3 years ago

My idea is it could also be done that when a player plans to do a big overhaul on his wonder tell firefly and firefly could put temporarily hidden wonder until the big overhaul being done is finished. And you could also later put in the hidden wonder a sign that says it is under reform

# 20

by

Leyenda

3 years ago

This is not how the temporarily destroyed wonders look until the big reform is finished Enviar comentarios

Post 11–20 of 26

Previous « 1 2 3 » Next