Miracle: Palace of Soviets

in English in Forums

Post 31–40 of 61

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Next

# 31

by

ColtsWalker

3 years ago

Obi was made to remove the swastikas from his WW2 battlefield recreation in the streaming city and Obi's was not a tribute to Nazi, it was just a battlefield recreation. Nazi, not allowed. Stalin.... allowed? The AD Universe is not the Universe we live in, it is the Universe we Escape to. Why do you want to bring the evil and vile from real life into a game world, which is in a different universe? You could be productive and add to the AD lore. Build wonders with backstory on Crimson and Violet, their followers, or whatever history you can help to create and add to this game's own universe and history. But nooo, you want to drag our world into the AD world... Oh lets click "Visit a Wonder" and get slapped in the face with garbage from reality while we are just trying to escape and be part of an alternate world of fantasy. And for you Rob12 the litmus test to what is offensive in the world is fortunately not based on your own personal view. This is not a Rob12-centric issue. But I am so glad to hear you are not troubled by it, I shall sleep much better at night knowing this. Hitler, Stalin, Nero, Idi Amin - You may personally admire and love these historical figures, however, they invoke a very negative feeling in the majority of people that know of them. By ordinary people, and the well established and universally accepted history from the Asia Pacific to the Western world, these are not historical figures to include in a monument to appeal to the masses. These are the people that you build tributes to if you want to create controversy, tick off consumers, be hurtful to people and sink the game product. There are a small handful of truly evil historical figures in the twentieth century that THE MAJORITY OF WORLDWIDE HISTORICAL DOCUMENTATION is in agreement with based on OVERWHELMING evidence. One gamer kid drinking koolaide doesn't justify a challenge to well established world history. Make your tribute less the evil historical figures or the floodgates open and anything goes. The pixel art of evil vile men from the planet Earth neither makes any sense in the AD universe nor serves to benefit anyone besides one misguided young man drunk on propaganda and revisionist history.

# 32

by

Rob12

3 years ago

@ColtsWalker, No it's not a Rob-centric issue. I should not have an opinion on anything. So then why is your opinion so righteous and all necessary? I have an opinion because I build stuff and I have already built some controversial things. If everyone's going to get so offended and upset by things, then we all just better stop building anything. I have had enough of being told what I can and can't do or say. If I have an opinion so I will speak it. Mister_Master has built his Palace right next to my wonders border, so I need to have an opinion. My own father, uncles, and grandmother were all deported to Siberia during the Soviet occupation of Poland. Not only did they all survive but they also lived to a happy old age. Poland had already been invaded by Hitler who raped and pillaged the country. Most of those who died would have starved to death if they were left in Poland. But then hay, I'm just a stupid gamer KID that knows nothing ok. You win!

# 33

by

Rob12

3 years ago

Sorry I need to correct what I wrote. I meant to say, those people who were deported from Poland by Stalin might have died if they were left in Poland from hunger.

# 34

by

ColtsWalker

3 years ago

Rob12 - I guess you must not have read and comprehended my post correctly, or at all. Never did I suggest that you or this other fella be banned from building your controversial "art" and no one is denying you the ability to express yourself. Go find where I suggested your building or the Stalin fanboy not be allowed to build and express. Yeah that's right, I never did suggest such a thing. So what's your point? Who's burning your books or banning your "art?" I don't think that such builds should be showcased in the "wonder" roll which is a direct part of the game interface. This would be a risky move for the game reputation and also cruel to enough people that the significance is worth caution. As an example, to illustrate and help you to understand, I would never suggest that you not be allowed to own a copy of "Mein Kampf" and keep the book in your own personal library. I am adamantly against banning and burning books or art. Clear enough? However, if you wanted to have "Mein Kampf" showcased prominently in the school library under the heading of "Great Works" I would object because I think the controversy and image would be wrong for the school and also very harmful to a significant group of people... not one or two individuals, but many people. See the difference? (concentrate for a moment) Build your Hitler, Stalin, or other evil historical figure honor worship structures in the game until your heart is content and it doesn't bother me, I don't have to visit your builds. However, asking for this stuff to be added to the "Wonder" rotation and thus having it showcased prominently is entirely a different matter, and I formerly protest such as action. Your political stuff is not in fitting with the Angeldust Universe, it is offensive to a significant segment of the population, and does not serve to further any positive measure whatsoever. Why would you even ask the game developer to do something like this which could potentially be harmful to his product success and reputation? Actions have consequences. Consider other people for just a moment if possible.

# 35

by

Ruan4K

3 years ago

Colts relax man... I don't have much to say about this discussion, what I have to say mainly is that Mister Master did a good building in my opinion, I love pixelart and Stalin with Lenin was really interesting. About it sounding offensive I’m not so sure.. I mean.. I know a lot about history but I didn’t live this part of history so I don’t feel comfortable to talk about it. Here only Colts is dragging this and he is free to play Truman, honestly we could just leave him here talking to himself. I understand his side etc etc, but in the end the place is called Palace of Soviet so it makes a lot of sense to have Stalin, it would be strange if there was Lincoln, and after all who decides whether the building can be a wonder or not is Firefly, of course Colts is free to protest against the building etc etc, he is free to do that, just like anyone is free to build what they want in the Angeldust world even if it is not a "real contribution" to the world of Angeldust, art is art. congratulations Mister Master for your building and contributing to the world of Angeldust. that's my opinion and here it is for anyone who wants to read.

# 36

by

Rob12

3 years ago

@ ColtsWalker, and you missed my point as well. For example, many people find Religion or Christianity offensive, and yet that does not stop people building churches and crosses in this game, however, a german cross is not acceptable at all?

# 37

by

Rob12

3 years ago

Well said Ruan4k, You must have posted just before me. I'm finished with this topic now.

# 38

by

ColtsWalker

3 years ago

I think you youngsters fail to appreciate the strong feelings a large group of the world society still feel for the very select few most evil historical figures. You diminish the significance comparing to vastly popular world religions. That demonstrates a "stretch" on your part. I don't take this personal. I'm pointing to the impact it will have on others. Obi had to change the swastikas on his WW2 battlefield, but Stalin honored in a Wonder is a pass? Hypocrisy and inconsistency. And again, why do this to the game? Why risk it? Go worship your evil dictators in private. I am not the only person posting in the forum pointing out your warped view of history. Go back and read again.

# 39

by

ColtsWalker

3 years ago

"I mean.. I know a lot about history" --- nice Ruan4K, that helps balance things. I've probably forgotten more about history than you have ever known, and I don't feel that I am a scholar. But as my grandfather used to tell me when I was a teenager, he would say, "You're as smart as you will ever be." But I am sure you believe you know a lot about history.

# 40

by

Ruan4K

3 years ago

as I said before, you can play Truman, I have nothing to say but congratulations to Mister Master for the building. I didn't take offense with his building, and that's it, I don't want to drag this discussion. feel free to discuss with yourself

Post 31–40 of 61

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Next