Is AngelDust World Flat or a Sphere?

in English in Forums

Post 11–17 of 17

Previous « 1 2

# 11

by

Kamikaze Justice

7 years ago

Also, as for the road that goes EAST and WEST through the length of the Village, I've yet to find any houses built. It's a question for me right now, if that part of the Village is even used for building houses. Right now, I'll call it two different Villages... the North/South Village and the East/West Village.

# 12

by

Aoi Blue

7 years ago

Eventually if you get to the end of the village (A LONG WAY) on each side you can continue north/south going inland. I'm not sure the exact shape of the world but it is a wrap around shape. It doesn't keep going forever and it does wrap around.

# 13

by

Gerberd

7 years ago

I've been thinking and I had to search to find this thread. How can any of this be true if you've ever been to Space is green's house, it seems that this cannot be the case. The striped road begins and you can see if you run back east to Space's house you hit the corner of the town and to continue further puts the direction of the stripped road parallel to the town. If we continue the road through level 512, what we're saying here is that it would begin to count back down and we would eventually come back to space's house. This cannot be. Can it?

# 14

by

Aoi Blue

7 years ago

Not sure where it would wrap around to. It would probably hit another corner of town or the western edge of the town.

# 15

by

Kamikaze Justice

7 years ago

Only diligent mappers can solve this dilemma. I started mapping from my house in the village, but it sure got boring fast, yet, I know that if I finished such a project, I could somehow benefit from it. While going due north (or whatever direction), I had to make sure I didn't get sidetracked (like, by attacking creatures), if I was going to be accurate.

# 16

by

Gerberd

7 years ago

I feel like an early cartographer sometimes. Trying to follow past where the road ends I begin to veer slightly in one direction or the other. In real life early map makers used the stars to navigate. In the same there is no way to determine if I'm going too far North or too far to the South. There's nothing to indicate exactly where you came from, unless you build a really, really tall tower and you can still see it. If Blue is right, that it will smack into another corner. Which would mean that the town is a large square with levels 1 through 512 both inside and out. If I start in town and walk out to level 1 and then I run back through the town and into the level 1 on the other side. If these two level 1's never meet each other, the same thing would go for every other level which means that there might be 2 level 512's that aren't connected to each other. Could this be possible?

# 17

by

Gerberd

7 years ago

The other possibility is that the town is a large L that grows from both sides. If that's the case then yes it would wrap around back to your house. If that's the case the area around Space is Green's house in both directions would be the only area that's like this. I think this might be the case. The road is going to hit something strange. When that happens we might have more information. It's likely this information might only lead to more questions.

Post 11–17 of 17

Previous « 1 2