RFC: NPC auto-spawn

en English en Foros

Publicación 81–90 de 118

Anterior « 1 2 37 8 9 10 11 12 » Siguiente

# 81

por

Firefly

hace 3 años

Everything is going down now. Expect the Angeldust website and game server to be offline for about an hour while I upgrade everything and sort things out.

# 82

por

Firefly

hace 3 años

The fix is now live—this should enable NPCs to also be persistent in top halves of claims. I've shuffled around the data for thousands of blocks. Let me know as soon as possible if something is messed up. Ping me on the stream tonight for an interesting story. With the update, NPCs now also chat while sitting. Let me know how you like it!

# 83

por

Rob12

hace 3 años

Sit chat, working fine so far :) Going to bed now, goodnight!

# 84

por

obi-

hace 3 años

Everything working here too, ravens are spawning, the beggar, temple guardsman and desh noble are talking.

# 85

por

Firefly

hace 3 años

Yesterday @space is green was joking about "randomly choosing" between random NPC chat choices or a sequential order, but it turns out to be a good point. While working on sequencing the chat choices I think there are two different use cases for NPC chat. Use case 1 is NPCs walking around and stepping OVER holo scrolls while walking. I think it would be the best for this interaction to be randomized. This lets you make an NPC go in circles and say a somewhat different line each time, even if no player is around. This use-case already works fine currently. You can still use [player name] placeholders that get filled in, it's just that the interaction isn't seen as an ordered dialog. Use case 2 is the NPC idling or sitting ON a holo scroll, and chatting with a nearby player. I think this interaction should be sequential so you can make the NPC tell a story and keep the player engaged for a bit longer. This interaction should loop from the first choice through all choices. It restarts when no players are nearby, so the next player sees the first line first. For this interaction, I want to automatically add dialog progress markers (if there are multiple choices), like this: ~ NPC ~: Welcome, [player]! [1/3] ~ NPC ~: I lost my treasure in the ruins… [2/3] ~ NPC ~: Will you help me recover it? [3/3] The square brackets at the end can't be faked, so the player knows they're actually in a dialog that is progressing. Does this sound like a good plan? So having random choices when NPCs are walking and an ordered dialog when idling/sitting with a player nearby? Do you like the progress indicators?

# 86

por

Leyenda

hace 3 años

Not a bad idea for now :) A question can't you make the npcs automatically appear seated?

# 87

por

Leyenda

hace 3 años

I have also noticed that conversations sometimes speak faster, they create a type of spam, and I thought you could not do that with the symbol (|) if you add more like (|||) then it takes longer to speak.

# 88

por

Firefly

hace 3 años

Sit-on-spawn is pretty genius, but it needs to be tied to the block type the NPC spawns on. So, auto-sit just for chairs? Or also for girders? Maybe columns, too? (Besides getting sidetracked, please see post 85 for my actual new feature questions.)

# 89

por

obi-

hace 3 años

[Post #85] I like the idea, apart from the indicators. > Do you like the progress indicators? They're cool and all, but sometimes we don't want them, as sometimes the multiple choices aren't connected. Example: Hello [traveler]!|How are you?|Good day [weirdo]! ~ NPC ~: Hello , [traveler]! [1/3] ~ NPC ~: How are you? [2/3] ~ NPC ~: Good day [weirdo]! [3/3] Those lines don't have any continuing story line and the progress markers would look weird here. I think you should just let the player add their own progress markers if they want them: Welcome, [player]! (1/3)|I lost my treasure in the ruins… (2/3)|Will you help me recover it? (3/3)| ~ NPC ~: Welcome, [player]! (1/6) ~ NPC ~: I lost my treasure in the ruins… (2/6) ~ NPC ~: Will you help me recover it? (3/6) This way you can even have the dialog progress continue on a different NPC: Some other NPC: Hey, you looking for that kid's treasure? (4/6)|I think I could help you with that! (5/6)|Follow me! (6/6) ~ NPC2 ~: Hey, you looking for that kid's treasure? (4/6) ~ NPC2 ~: I think I could help you with that! (5/6) ~ NPC2 ~: Follow me! (6/6) If you have multiple story lines going around the place the builder could even mark it with (x/yc); x = current progress, y = no. of msgs in storyline, c = ID of storyline -- TL;DR: I think letting the builder add things like this is better, as they can do far more than just localized [x msg out of y]

# 90

por

obi-

hace 3 años

> Sit-on-spawn is pretty genius, but it needs to be tied to the block type the NPC spawns on. So, auto-sit just for chairs? Or also for girders? Maybe columns, too? Great idea, I'd say chairs and girders only. Not sure about columns.

Publicación 81–90 de 118

Anterior « 1 2 37 8 9 10 11 12 » Siguiente